Do not install buggy version 9.0.23350

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Rockallite, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Rockallite

Rockallite Bit poster

Parallels Desktop for Mac version 9.0.23350.941886 is buggy.

Symptoms

1. In Coherence Mode, Windows taskbar is always shown at the bottom of the screen, behind the Dock. There is no way you can really hide the taskbar.
    2. In Coherence Mode, the title bar of a maximized window is overlapped by the system menu bar.
    3. No such bugs in previous versions, such as 9.0.23136.932290.

Cause

The official response from Parallels says "This is a new behaviour ... in Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac". OMG.
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/117062

Resolution

1. Remember the version 9.0.23350.941886. DO NOT INSTALL this update.
    2. If you unfortunately installed it, quit Parallels Desktop, drag the application icon to Trash, and install an old version from a backup installation package.
    3. If you didn't back up any installation package, switch to VMWare Fusion as soon as possible.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  2. Howard33

Howard33 Bit poster

Problem not addressed

I just downloaded the latest version: 9.0.24172. These problems persist -- Parallels has not addressed them. I agree that these are serious problems which compromise the usefulness of the product. I am running dual monitors and disabled all of the Mac Preferences / Mission Control checkboxes which eliminated other serious problems with disappearing cursor. I have not been able to find an acceptable workaround for these other than to just live w/ the Windows taskbar (which I consider minor problem) and truncated Window title bar (a real pain since it makes it difficult to take Window out of full screen).

The unacceptable workaround for disappearing title bar is to very carefully drag the very top of the window down and often it restores the full window. Tedious! The other alternative is to just close the windows from the Windows taskbar.