Upgrade to Maverics 10.9.2 and desktop 9 issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ssnyper, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ssnyper

ssnyper Bit poster

Not sure whether to post here or in win os as guest thread - pls move if in the wrong place

Just upgraded Maverics to 10.9.2 and straight away PD ver 9 stopped working properly. The symptoms are:
    1. Very long time to suspend, shut down or resume. Quickly goes to 100 then just sits there for ages.
    2. When win7 finally goes to desktop, VM hangs almost immediately.

appreciate any ideas on how to solve this WITHOUT reinstalling win7

mba 6,2
    os x 10.9.2
    win7 ultimate as guest

2. WrightA

WrightA Bit poster

Yes, I just upgraded to 10.9.2 and after running Win7 VM and opening Outlook 2013, the whole laptop crashes and restarts. Not just Parallels!
    No really tried anything else as I'd prefer not to crash Mac OS & the VM every few minutes...

Just a bit more on this - I shutdown Parallels and decided to use Outlook 2011 on Mac to get work done. I tried deleting a few emails and bang, exactly the same thing, Mac OS crashed. So may not be a Parallels issue. Off to Apple forums now... :(

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  3. ssnyper

ssnyper Bit poster

mine isn't that severe - just the VM thankfully!
    even though its not exactly unbearable (as in your case), still the constant problem of upgrading the mac os and something in Parallels falling off is damn annoying. went through hell when initially upgraded to mavericks, nothing helped and ended up simply reinstalling both parallels and the VM. kinda diminishes the joy from parallels usage if I'll have to do this every time I decide to upgrade

not sure whether yours is an isolated incident, but I use Office 2011 on mac all the time and so far since the upgrade - no problems...
    I wouldn't be so optimistic about apple forums - many people with more or less recent mac computers have a problem with sound completely gone after mac waking up and this issue is all over mac forum with zero effect. not even a whisper from apple.

4. WrightA

WrightA Bit poster

It seems that 'Shift-Delete' is doing it! If I just regular delete, it moves to Deleted Items ok. I use Shift-Delete a lot to just get rid of spam from set filtered folders, etc. This seems to cause the crash! Loads of problems with this OS X update on Apple Forums. Can see Apple/Microsoft, 'not my fault' debate coming up!

5. WrightA

WrightA Bit poster

Problem wasn't with Outlook at all but the 'Delete' key. I use KeyRemap4MacBook to remap the Eject key to Forward Delete. I also use the NoEjectDelay utility with this too. It's the NoEjectDelay utility that' crashing OS X -
    https://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/noejectdelay.html.en

Will await an update from them! Sorry for any confusion...

6. ssnyper

ssnyper Bit poster

glad you gut it solved)