Move Parallels Image To Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MBCook, Jul 5, 2007.

1. MBCook

MBCook Bit poster

I've just purchased and installed Parallels. My main question is that I installed Windows in Parallels and I'm thinking of making so I can use both Parallels and Boot Camp, and I'd like to know if I can do this, or not.

I know that Parallels supports this. My main issue is that I installed in Parallels first. Is it possible to move this over to a Boot Camp partition (I have no problem with that) or will that cause me issues and I need to install Windows on Boot Camp first then import that into Parallels.

I did some quick poking around and I haven't seen anything that shows if this can be done or not.

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Search...

You can use a tool like Acronis True Image to back-up your Parallels image, then, restore it to BootCamp.

3. Intruder

Intruder Bit poster

Has anybody done this, and does it actually work? Last post I saw about this issue had a very extensive list of things to do, none as simple as using Acronis.

4. James Bond 007

James Bond 007 Hunter

Are you sure Acronis True Image will work directly on a Mac? Of course it will run inside a Parallels VM, but directly on a Mac? I am not so sure.

[​IMG]

5. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

I've seen, and heard of it working. I just used a demo and that has long expired. Prowl the archived threads, some other people have had it work.

It will not work 'directly' on the mac, but it will work in the VM, you just need to be creative and get the image funneled out.