Parallels 9 not starting after OS X 10.9.2 upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by bbstenor, Mar 2, 2014.

1. bbstenor

bbstenor Bit poster

I just tried to launch Parallels 9 after upgrading to OS X 10.9.2 - and all I get is the "Parallels Desktop" badge in the center of the screen with the spinning wheel. It just spins and spins, and never finishes loading. I tried force quitting once after about 15 minutes, and it's still doing the same thing when I tried to launch it again.

Help!

John S, Baltimore

Parallels build 9.0.23136, OS 10.9.2, MacBook Pro 5.1, 8GB RAM, Win 7 VM

2. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

Hi John,

I guess you could try re-installing the Parallels 9 application again only. Do not remove your VM, just the parallels 9 application and then reinstall it. The following link is useful to follow http://kb.parallels.com/114624

Regards
    kevin

3. bbstenor

bbstenor Bit poster

Thanks, Kevin. I quit all applications, did a reboot of OS X, waited until everything was at idle, and launched Parallels. It came up eventually, but it thought I had paused the VM, and resumed it, which is strange because I never do that. I always shut down Win 7, then quit Parallels (my OCD showing), but somehow it thought it was paused. Maybe that's what it was doing behind the spinning wheel? Everything seems okay now...

John

4. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

Hi John,

I must admit I never pause my VM either. My live VM is windows 8.1 and it is very fast shutting down / rebooting. Anyhow hopefully you should be ok.

Kind regards
    Kevin