Upgrade offer for existing users. No flexibility?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mkstevo, Jul 9, 2007.

1. mkstevo

mkstevo Member

On 31st May Parallels wrote to me ( and I assume other Parallels users too... ) offering me an upgrade to version 3 for $39.99 . They then gave me a 'last chance' offer on June 6th .

Unfortunately I was on holiday from 28th May - 7th June . Although I did check my mail a couple of times while away , the messages from Parallels were trapped in my spam filters so I did not find them until I got home and checked my spam folders .

I wrote to Parallels and explained the situation on 8th June , asking if they would consider allowing me to upgrade at the offer price . After hearing nothing , I wrote again on June 21st again explaining my situation , pointing out I had written on June 8th ( and heard nothing ) and asking once more if they would consider being generous in allowing me to upgrade at the offer price . The second letter did get a response , in as much as it was assigned a ticket number , and a reply was supposed to be sent out in 2-3 working days .

It is now 9th July and I have heard nothing from Parallels at all . Not even a 'Sorry but the deadline has passed' . Nothing .

I have owned a copy of Parallels since July 2006 and have been very pleased with it , often defending Parallels in these forums , but I am very disappointed in their total lack of response to a polite and reasonable request .

A shame really . I will now look at alternate virtualisation options .

2. zcrc01

zcrc01 Bit poster

The Apple store has a $30 rebate which lessens the pain of paying $79 for version 3.

3. mcampbell

mcampbell Bit poster

The rebate sounds good - just saw this - presume it's the one you're referring to zcrc01:

Apple Store Rebate

4. mkstevo

mkstevo Member

I have today had a reply from Parallels , but I don't think that my letter to them was actually read , the reply they sent related to people who recently purchased boxed copies of Parallels .

I would upgrade for the originally offered $39.99 , but draw the line at that . $49.99 is the normal upgrade price , but I don't 'need' the extra features enough to spend that extra ten dollars .