Parallels install hosed PropSys.dll--Can't login to Win 7 Now.

Discussion in 'Parallels Access and Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by PatMcFL, Oct 23, 2013.

1. PatMcFL

PatMcFL Bit poster

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the latest Parallels 9 release. Afterwards, I got an error on Win7 login that said "C:\Windows\System32\PropSys.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error". The login screen for Win7 won't come up. I reinstalled the new Parallels and the previous version I was running on with no change in results. Can you start Safe mode in Parallels? If so, I might be able to replace the dll with one that works. Any other ideas would be appreciated. No, I wasn't bright enough to take a snapshot before installing the new Parallels. Should have finished my coffee before doing it. I'm using the OS X 10.8.5, Parallels Desktop 9 with Win7 as the VM OS. Everything worked fine until I loaded the newest update to Parallels.

2. Sean S

Sean S Junior Member

Hi

Just wondering if you ever got this sorted without having to completely reinstall your Windows guest? I've got the same problem here with Parallels 9.0 and Windows 7 64-bit

Many Thanks

3. Sean S

Sean S Junior Member

I should add in my case I was trying to share my Mac's Bluetooth adapter with the Windows 7 guest OS.

I followed this Parallels KB article:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/114686

Wish I had not now obviously, Windows has been broken for over a week and I'm struggling how to fix/replace this broken dll file without a full Windows 7 rebuild (and trashing all my programs and data)...

4. Sean S

Sean S Junior Member