Pasting images from clipboard to win7 client results in black image

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by trebormik, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

2. EugeneB1984

EugeneB1984 Bit poster

I have the latest build and I reinstalled Parallels tools. The problem still exists. Please help.

3. William Fulmer

William Fulmer Junior Member

Confirmed. Version 9.0.24217 and problem still exists.

4. KimSkim

KimSkim Bit poster

Still a problem

Same here. Black box for images. Text copies fine.

Build 9.0.24217
    OSX 10.9.2 (Mavericks)
    Windows 7 SP1

5. BjørnW

BjørnW Bit poster

Hello nashmarkt,

Thanks for following up on me. :)

The issue solved itself with a recent Parallells upgrade. Don't know exactly how, but I was very happy.

However, the issue turned up again now with the latest Parallells upgrade. Very irritating.

The whole issue feels very unstable and difficult to debug. Seems to correlate with the updates though, somehow. Strange.

Oh, for the record: I did uninstall and reinstall Parallels Tools. No effect.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  6. BjørnW

BjørnW Bit poster

Any resolution to this issue yet?

For me, it seems to come and go with different Parallels upgrades. I usually upgrade when it's suggested to me, and a recent upgrade fixed the issu. Now however, with the latest update, clipboard is not working for images again. Very irritating.

7. AlexY.

AlexY. Bit poster

Just got my new Mac today, and found out pasting image that copy from Mac to Win 7 VM would come out black. No issue the other way around.

I didn't have the same issue on the Mac 10.8 OS with Parallels 8.0 with Windows 7 VM.

8. AlexY.

AlexY. Bit poster

copied image from Mac to Windows VM come out BLACK

Just got my new Mac today, and found out pasting image that copy from Mac to Win 7 VM would come out black. No issue the other way around.

I didn't have the same issue on the Mac 10.8 OS with Parallels 8.0 with Windows 7 VM.

9. Michael Tuckman

Michael Tuckman Bit poster

I am having the same problem Mac OS 10.9.2 - Parallels - Build 9.0.24229 (Revision 991745; Tuesday, April 1, 2014) pasting into Win XP

Seems like it will work for a while, then start to have problems. Only way it gets better is to reboot everything and hope for the best.

10. BradCl

BradCl Bit poster

Yep OSX 10.2, Parallels 9.0.24229, Windows 8.1

I have tried everything in this thread....nothing works. looks like its been about 5 months. Whats up Parallels?

garbled again.png

11. CraigLett

CraigLett Bit poster

Seriously Parallels?!!!!

Back to the same shit with this last update. Copy/Paste doing this again! You have the buggiest software I have ever seen.

12. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Bit poster

Same issue with me - get garbled images when copying any image from Mac and pasting into Windows. Just reinstalled latest Parallels Tools.
    Build 9.0.24229
    (Revision 991745; Tuesday, April 1, 2014)

Untitled.png

13. ChrisEl

ChrisEl Bit poster

And the same issue here: Mavericks + Parallels 9 Build 9.0.24229 with Tools latest version. Either a nasty garbled image as JohynnMc shos or a black image.

Time to get in Twitter I think.

CEll

14. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hi all,

Please generate a Problem Report ID as suggested at: http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and reply us back with the Problem Report ID so that it would be easier for us to investigate on this issue.

15. ChrisEl

ChrisEl Bit poster

If you care to look at Problem ID 1903574 raised on 13 May 2014 you will see I did this but have not had an update as to when the fix will appear.

16. Alex.v.E

Alex.v.E Bit poster

Is there am solution already for this?

17. JoelRubio

JoelRubio Member

This problem (screen shot from Mac, then paste to Windows side comes up with black image) started happening for me all of a sudden. Not sure what recent updates did it. I have the most current P9 (and even after updating P9 the last time, this problem was not there). Maybe Mavericks 10.9.3 fuq'd it up. I've learned to live with constant random issues between Mavericks and P9 fuqing each other. Not sure of VM Fusion will be any better. I'm keeping some faith in Parallels.

18. TimA2011

TimA2011 Bit poster

I've been having the exact same issue - sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Mac os X - Mavericks.
    Guest OS: windows 8

The only way I've found to fix this is to suspend the VM. Shutdown parallels completely. restart parallels and resume the VM...then if I copy, it will paste for a while (then a few hours later, it stops working again).

I've tried rebuilding the OS, etc...this is definitely a problem with the core parallels - as I have to restart parallels to fix this. If I just reboot the VM, no change...

19. OlivierLegay

OlivierLegay Bit poster

I have the exact same problem with garbled picture. Please help!
    Parallels garbled picture.jpg

20. OlivierLegay

OlivierLegay Bit poster

I have Build 9.0.24237 and it still does not work (garbled picture). I do not think the latest build addresses this issue. Parallels garbled picture.jpg