iphone headphone microphone not working with Lync on windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by omegak, Jul 11, 2013.

1. omegak

omegak Bit poster

Hello,

here is my configuration

Main OS: mountain lion on MBP
    Guest with parallels desktop for mac v8 : Windows 8
    soft issue: client Lync 2013

With Lync for Mac software, the mic of my iphone's headphone works very well and I can speak properly.
    But with Lync on Windows 8 desktop with paralles, the mic does not work. Windows does not even offer me an headset and remains on the default configuration.
    I do not see any problem in peripherals

I configured INPUT in the Built-In input but it does not fix anything.

Could you please help me?

Thank you

2. Bentendo

Bentendo Bit poster

I have the same issue with Lync 2013 and Windows 8 :(

3. robwest

robwest Bit poster

I have the same issue. I've tried all sorts of configurations of the Sound Input settings, but cannot get audio input to work at all in Windows 8, Coherence with Parallels 9 on Mavericks (2011 MBP). I'm just trying to use my computer mic and speakers. Output works fine, input registers nothing in the Sound control panel under Windows.

4. Has anyone found a resolution to this? My company is a mixed Mac and PC environment and we all prefer Lync for windows. Everything works great except for the mic. This includes both the built in mic as well as headsets.

5. chuck614

chuck614 Junior Member

I have the exact same problem, 2013 Retina MBP, 10.9.2, Parallels 9, Windows 8.1 and no working Mic. Trying to use Lync client for audio/video chat and it works great on the Mac side, but no audio input on the Windows side.

6. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi All,

Please try the steps as provided below which may help you in resolving the issue :

1. Start virtual machine.

2. Take a Snapshot (virtual machine -> Take Snapshot).

3. Press "cmd"+"R" combination, type 'regedit' and Return (Enter) to run Registry Editor.

4. Locate and highlight 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}' key and look for 'UpperFilters' value in the right box.

5. Highlight 'UpperFilters' value and delete it:

6. Expand 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}' key and check every subkey for 'KS' value. If you find it, delete it.

7. Re-install Parallels Tools (in Parallels Desktop menu bar: Virtual Machine -> Reinstall Parallels Tools) and reboot your virtual machine.

Also: - Start -> in the search box type "Control Panel" -> in View by choose "Small icons" -> Sound - Browse to "Communications" tab - Select "Do Nothing" - Press "OK" -

In the recording tab -> Right-click Microphone -> Properties -> switch to Volume tab and set it to 100% -In the Lync options also set Microphone vol. to the maximum.

Thanks,
    Maheeshwar

7. chuck614

chuck614 Junior Member

Followed these steps exactly and zero audio inside Parallels from the Mic

8. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello Camealy,

Please generate a Problem Report ID as suggested at : kb.parallels.com/9058 and send us the Problem Report ID in private message so that it will be helpful for us to investigate on this issue.

Thanks,
    Maheeshwar

9. Wow, this worked for me - awesome! Thanks!

10. Worked wonderfully for me! Thank you!