Parallels 9 Upgrade - Active Window

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TWR3MBA, Dec 31, 2013.

1. TWR3MBA

TWR3MBA Bit poster

I upgraded several desktops and laptops from ver8 to ver9. Now on all machines, when you click a hyperlink in MS OUTLOOK, it briefly opens the page in the browser (MAC Firefox) for a nanosecond and then switches back to MS Outlook. as the active window Any thoughts on how to fix this...i.e. when you click on a hyperlink in an email, it opens the page in the browser and stays on that window?

Parallels chat support was useless. Continually asked me to re-install tools and then reinstall the program upgrade

2. TWR3MBA

TWR3MBA Bit poster

Anyone have any answers on this? It's really annoying

3. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi TWR3MBA,

Please change Open Webpages and Email to Default from Virtual Machine menu => Options => Applications

The Reset Firefox feature also can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information.

Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
    Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
    Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
    Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
    Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.

Thanks,
    Looran