upgrade from beta 4 to beta 6

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Alf, May 3, 2006.

1. Alf

Alf Bit poster

I did the upgrade, did not do beta 5. in my vm was windows xp. after the reinstall, the drivers were funny, the mouse did not work properly and was getting double mouse, so I decided to re-install the parallel tools drivers. After the video driver was reinstalled, my windows went nuts, just little lines across the screen and could not do anything with windows at all.

Had to delete the vm and start all over again. Frustrating cause I had windows running perfect and lots of apps installed, so here we go again.

FYI to the beta team.

Any idea how many more betas before we get production?

Thx, Alf

2. Martin

Martin Member

too late for you - sorry.
    Not only because of the beta stage I clone my Windows installation regularly. Go Parallels - VM - Clone VM ...
    And I needed a backup once, actually.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  3. Alf

Alf Bit poster

Great idea, thanks!

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Alf,
    Thanks for reporting - we will invesigate this issue.

5. veggiedude

veggiedude Hunter

As soon as I installed XP, knowing how vunerable it is to viruses, spyware, adware, worms, etc., I immediately burnt the PW files to DVD - so I can always have a clean copy whenever I need it.

6. Silaxe

Silaxe Bit poster

Andrew, please lt us know if this will always be the case as I also run my VM on Beta 4 and I have not upgraded in fear of what happened to Alf. I have a clone of the VM just in case but I have no more Beta 4 installer to go back to should I run the Beta 6 installer.