Upgrade stuckness

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by peterlemer, Apr 24, 2014.

1. peterlemer

peterlemer Hunter

1. I was running Parallels Dektop 7 with Windows XP

2. I upgraded to Mavericks.

3. I upgraded to Parallels Desktop 9

4. I bought Win7, not knowing that i could upgrade my XP

5. I installed Win7 and needed to have my XP contents imported.

6. I installed Easy Transfer on XP and exported both my partitions to Mac desktop: folder about 9Gb

7. I imported said folder into W7, but couldn;t find my active applications

8. I dont want to re-install those applications from the web unless I am sure that they will open all associated files.

9. I'd like to start again, this time instead of exporting from XP -> Mac -> W9, I'd like to do it the other way round:
    A fresh W7, and then import from XP. Just to see if I get a better result

So....

Should I be able to continue without any further fuss just by searching W7 in the right places?
    I can't find my applications using the normal search engine.

or

Can I uninstall the current W7 and all the fresh imports, so i can start again as per step 9 above?

Having imported the XP folder from my Mac desktop, I'd have thought I could find everything, but no.
    If I can uninstall my current W7, where can I find the folder containing all the files, including the freshly imported data ( step 7. above)
    Presumably these files will remain on my mac, whether a frech install finds them or not, and I don;t need them.

any help will be appreciated

pete

2. peterlemer

peterlemer Hunter

how to uninstall W7 and all associated files and folders so I can start again?? pete