couldn't start melco amaya os flex+

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BärbelL, Apr 27, 2014.

1. BärbelL

BärbelL Bit poster

We want to switch from windows to an mac as running our stick software which we have bought from melco. it is melco amaya os flex+ which means we have more than one stick maschine from melco, but we didnt want to work no longer with windows pc. on the windows pc the program runs fine and without any problem. So I have startet to cloning the maschine into parallels desktop. all works fine. it is really a great tool this parallels desktop. But now i'm running into problems, i can't find the stick machines in amaya os flex+. For me with a knowlege on pc's and mac's it must be a problem with the network card, i have checked all what i have found on your side and on the internet, but nobody can help us with our problem. Melco says we have builded the software only for windows pc's. I see a lot of asking people in the internet who want to work with melco amaya and maschines on mac. the only thing I have found was an article in "www.tshirtforums.com/members/signfx77.html" where the user signfx77 has written it works for his company with version 8 from parallels desktop. So I have thougt it will be easy to work with melco amaya os flex+ in parallels desktop also on version 9. But it seems it was a mistake from myside that it would also function in version 9. I hope you will help me and the other users who want to work with macs which are working in the same filed as I and my company. The Designshop from Melco works since version5 without any problem, but the version melco amaya flex+ which we need to connect to the stick maschines didn't work in a parallels desktop.
    I hope you can help me
    kind regards
    Hansjörg Lauble

2. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Hansjörg,

Changing the Network to bridged mode should let you connect to other computers running your software. Please follow the below article for more information on solving network issues in your Virtual Machine:

http://kb.parallels.com/8978

Hope this was helpful!

3. BärbelL

BärbelL Bit poster

Hello Looran
    I will be back now
    No the written document from Parallels knowledge didn´t help me. ID 8978 and 8865 which I have seen describes a problem with the internet connection. This functions without any problem.
    But I don´t want to connect with the internet, I want to connect to 2 internal stitch machines from mac mini who are on the same ethernet hub. I could do this from a real XP machine and connect to the internet at the same time. I have done a copy from the pc with parallels-transporter agent to my mac mini. in Parallels I have created now the second network connector which the values Melco says for connecting the stitch machines. this means 10 MB Half Duplex and nothing connected from the side before. If i take the second networkcard to "ethernet" or "standard adapter" I get the message that the program will load data in to the machines or is loading data from the machines. after 10 seconds this little window will go away and in the same time in the bigger windows it switches back to 0 machines found. after round 10 seconds the little window with loading data comes back and the bigger window shows again "1 machine found". After the next 10 second it goes back to 0 machines found,
    and the little windows with loading will go away. This game is running now round 1 hour and nothing else happens. I have checked this morning all networkcard which are from parallels this means nic1, nic0, and so on. But only the standard adapter and the ethernet adapter will work. rsa-csa.jpg This is the little window which is round every 10 seconds coming up and go away.
    In the last days i have searched in our network for the connection between the pc and the machines. I have found only this connection between the machines where the ip adress 192.168.32.70 is the real networkcard and the adress 192.168.32.25 must be for the connection to the stitch machines. Here are the 2 pictures from my router b-em-pc-2.png bem-pc.png I hope you can help me with my problems with melco amaya flex+ and parallels. I have done the work on windows XP and win7 at the same time. but there is no way to get the program running in parallels.
    kind regards
    Hansjörg Lauble

4. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello Hansjörg,

Please reply us back to the thread with the following information :

1. How is the stitching machine connected to your Mac. Is it connected via USB or is it connected over the network ?

2. Please generate a Problem Report as suggested at : http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the Report ID number so that it will be easier for us to investigate on this issue