Windows 8 Password

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by edgardo, May 6, 2014.

1. edgardo

edgardo Bit poster

Hello. I live in Argentina. Last year I purchased Parallels Desktop 8 for my Mac Book Pro and then Windows 8 Pro because I need a program for my job.
    Last week Windows 8 require an actualization. From that i can not work because no recognize my password or I forgot it.
    Could you help me? It is very important for me. I am a doctor and have an equipment that need Windows.
    Thanks a lot, Edgardo

2. mavidal

mavidal Product Expert

Edgardo, I recommend you get a password reset software for Windows 8, this is the one that I use for my business when people forget their passwords: http://password-reset.com This software will even work with UEFI boot systems (though I don't think it applies here). Once you create either the DVD or USB that this software wants, you can boot your VM using either the DVD or USB and then change/remove the password with this product. As their page says, if it can display your usernames, it is 100% guaranteed to work and that was my experience.

Mike V.

3. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello edgardo,

Please follow the steps as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/114193 to reset your Windows 8 Virtual Machine password.

4. edgardo

edgardo Bit poster

Edgardo

Thanks!!! Excellent!! It was very easy with your instructions!

5. Lee Woo

Lee Woo Bit poster

Thank you very much, i have fixed

6. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi edgardo, Lee Woo

It's great to hear that you were able to get this fixed !!!

7. mavidal

mavidal Product Expert

Slick solution!

8. KrankN

KrankN Bit poster

It seems the above link didn't work on latest Windows 10. I just tested it on my Dell desktop and can't reset the password as suggested.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi KrankN, please check whether are you using Parallels Desktop standard edition. That knowledge base article works only in Parallels Desktop Pro and business editions.

10. QueensL

QueensL Bit poster

For those who don't like the command prompts, I suggest using iSeePassword instead. you can quickly make a bootable usb drive to recover the password. The program is free and have a lot of useful tools in that package.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    Maria@Parallels likes this.
  11. Thanks a lot for sharing this!

12. PansckertU

PansckertU Bit poster

Before you start using tool to recovery lost password , you must read relevant articles , the Windows 8 Password recovery is not as easy as we think .

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017