How does it deal with Multiple OS X Users?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by TomT, Apr 7, 2006.

1. TomT

TomT Bit poster

I searched but did not see this question asked anywhere.

Our systems use an Admin Account, User Account configuration. We have maybe two or three different users on a machine. All 3 of them will need to access the XP VM at some point.

How does Parallels handle the multiple account thing?

Would we be better off installing a different Virtual Machine for each user (not the best solution but a possibility)?

Can we create the Virtual Disk Image in the Shared folder and point all 3 users to it? What about the configuration file?

Also, can we purchase valid keys now or do we need to wait until the actual release?

Thank you,
    Tom Tubbiola
    MacInfo Systems Consulting

2. perdurabo

perdurabo Junior Member

You should be able to fully configure at setup the VM in one account, ensure the winxp image file is somewhere accessible by all who need it.

Then, log in as each user and setup the VM as before, but when it comes time, specify the previous created winxp image instead of creating a new one.

You probably want to be mindful of your VM settings and keep them the same across users to eliminate oddities and problems.

3. TomT

TomT Bit poster

Thanks for the quick reply. I am right in the middle of doing exactly that now. :)

I'm thinking that the only real concern would be fast user switching and having two users trying to run XP at the same time.

TomT