Terrible Support!!!!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jonandleslee, Jul 14, 2007.

1. jonandleslee

jonandleslee Bit poster

It is sad that I have posted several requests for help with a Coherence problem (a big one) and that SWSOFT did not even reply! I even asked to merely downgrade back to Version 2.5 which at least worked better for me and lots of other users. If I don't get support help by Monday I am bringing several of the issues reflected in this forum to the Class Action law firm of Milburg & Weiss....they love this type of issue. A bit of customer support would alleviate this issue.:mad: :mad:

(See prior threads by searching "Coherence" issues)

2. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

Not exactly news, my friend -- the limited support nor the coherence issues.

In posts here Parallels support folks have said they will address the coherence issues and some others (e.g., the lack of something like the old Image Tools to resize the .hdd) in an upcoming PD 3 update.

Meanwhile, I'm living with the Coherence issue by setting Security at the highest level and using a couple of other set up option available with PD 3 running but WinXP stopped.

Phil

3. balkanboris

balkanboris Member

Uninstall 3.0 Install 2.5 and replace the VM with your backup. Now that was difficult wasn't it.

4. jonandleslee

jonandleslee Bit poster

Don't be so fast to judge

1. Don't have my Vers. 2.5 anymore and its not posted by SWsoft and
    2. Other users have reported problems when attempting same.

5. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

What is it about Coherence you don't like -- lack of it or too much of it?

Your original message was not that specific.

Personally, I prefer WinXP and OS X isolated, app wise. So I've done all I can to make that happen.

Phil

6. balkanboris

balkanboris Member

1.Try this:
    http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=66999
    2. But you obviously haven't even tried. Un-install 3.0. Restart. Install 2.5 and copy across your old VM's (from version 2.5)

This is a public support forum. Rants about legal action are not appropriate here. If you have a problem with SWsoft, then take it up with them via the appropriate channels.

7. pulmon

pulmon Bit poster

Coherence and Parallels

Guys, I was frustrated with SWSOFT, too. I had sent 3 email requests with no response. I posted my issue on this very board, and got the RIGHT answer from Mike at Parallels the same day! Of course, I did not threaten Milburg and Weiss (one of whom just was convicted of something bad).

At least these guys respond. I have a Blackberry and a Mac, and downloaded the "free" software from RIM. My blackberry went from "sync" able with the old version to unseen with the new. Emails to both companies went without any*response. TOmorrow I can pay $59 to see if they can fix my "free" software.

At least I can live without coherence. My blackberry is critical to my job!