Which install option for Fedora Core 7??

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by johnzilla, Jul 7, 2007.

1. johnzilla

johnzilla Bit poster

Hi -

I have Parallels build 3214 (not Parallels 3.0 or whatever its called, I haven't upgraded yet) on a Mac mini, OS X 10.4.10.

I'm trying to install Fedora Core 7 from an ISO image on my desktop.

The install starts, lets me choose keyboard, language, etc., then asks me where the install media is. There are four options: CD-ROM, hard disk, FTP, and HTTP.

Which do I choose? If I choose CD-ROM, it asks me which driver. If I choose hard drive, it does the same thing. If I choose FTP, it wants to know the FTP server name, etc.

I'm a pretty experienced system administrator, but I'm stumped. How do I get around this? Do I need to burn the ISO to a DVD? That seems like a really lame solution, I'd rather just read the ISO directly from disk.

Any help is appreciated!!

2. ApplePro

ApplePro Bit poster

If you have fast internet connection, you can install Fedora by FTP.

3. RobW

RobW Junior Member

I think you can install from the ISO image.
    When the VM machine is stopped, click on any of the descriptive text. This should open up a new window with options. Click the CD/DVD option and make sure you are pointed to the correct ISO. This worked for me.

There are many FTP sites, pick one from http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/7/

You'll enter the FTP site (example: ftp://linux.nssl.noaa.gov/fedora/linux )
    and then the location of the actual files (example: releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/Fedora/ )

I _think_ this will work. I always use the DVD install option.

4. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<