Does anyone check the info@parallels.com mailbox?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by trlblzr, Jul 16, 2007.

1. trlblzr

trlblzr Junior Member

I've sent 3 emails over the last 2 weeks to info@parallels.com to get information about upgrading Parallels 2.5 > 3.0. I purchased a retail copy of Parallels from MacMall a couple weeks ago and they sent me the old 2.5 version. They told me I had to contact Parallels to get upgraded to 3.0. However, none of my emails have been acknowledged, much less answered. This morning, I can't get on the Parallels website to get the phone number to call to speak to a human being. This is starting to make me a little upset...

Can anyone from Parallels support contact me and tell me how I can get my 3.0 upgrade?

2. trlblzr

trlblzr Junior Member

Nevermind... finally got through on the phone.

3. pdokj

pdokj Bit poster

Same Problem

It's a valid question. I sent a query regarding a double-billing on July 17th, and haven't received a peep yet. Not even a supportbot.

Folks - if it's your front line for support questions, at LEAST have someone read it on a daily basis!

I suppose I can just call the credit card company and cancel the charge... I was trying to avoid the headache on your end though.

4. pdokj

pdokj Bit poster

And here, a month later, and I have *never* received a reply. Purchase cancelled.

is info@parallels.com some kind of sick joke?

5. Intersecting

Intersecting Parallels Team

Please use the page to contact us.

6. RealityExplorer

RealityExplorer Member

Decent customer support caters to users rather than making them work.. I would assume that *any* public email address on the site like an info@parallels.com would handle customer email appropriately (even if it additionally noted that "for faster service in the future please use X page or email). I'd like to see both parallels and vmware succeed which is why I'll note for their sake that its utterly absurd that someone posting to a public forum did not get a direct reply from parallels without needing to be told weeks later to use that page (hopefully that was for the benefit of other users and posters are responded to). It costs parallels $ in lost future customers due to bad support of folks that might have spread word to people to buy the software.. vs. warn people away (and research on viral spread shows that negative word spreads more than positive and is remembered more). Those vocal in a forum here are most likely to be vocal elsewhere as well.. each user is the tip of a potential iceberg/pyramid that could grow.. or not.

As I noted in another thread.. perhaps those at parallels reading these threads need to try explaining the issue to their managers to get more help... or go overhead to their execs who may be clueless re: how bad the support is and that it is much more cost effective re: their bottom line to provide better support especially during the early adopter phase of a product....