Massive amount of space being taken up

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Greensauce, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Greensauce

Greensauce Member

Recently I have noticed large fluctuation in my physical memory on my machine. It seems I am always clearing stuff off the disk to make room because PD is somehow consuming more and more. I run it on a MacBook laptop and I don't have much space to allocate over to PD. I've ended up deleting a lot of my movies and songs to make room and yet some how PD comes up with the "You only have XXXMB of space and PD needs at least 512MB..."

I wanted to try the Parallels compressor to make some room but it said it can't do it when I have snap shots, so I tried to remove them and it was taking awhile then all of a sudden I notice I am losing about 1 MB/s on my HD when I continuously refresh the disk space and it kept going until I had 607KB left and PD gave me a error -16 i believe and stopped deleted the snapshot.

What is PD doing to my computer with all this space fluctuation. I go from 3 GB to 400MB without installing anything. While the Parallels folder in my documents increases in size...? I'm about ready to switch to another program that doesn't suck up the little space I have on my laptop if I can't figure this out.

Thanks for any help.

2. Greensauce

Greensauce Member

Also why when I have 741 MB free on disk and I try to start up PD and it says I only have 229MB free disk space? This is extremly confusing...

3. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro