V4560 released

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by fso, Jul 17, 2007.

1. fso

fso Member

Just saw that v4560 has been posted for download.

Can we have a brief of the changes made. Thanks

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

It supports directx 9 !!!!!

3. Erich

Erich Member

The upgrade worked fine for me, though it didn't prompt me to update Parallels Tools. I did this manually, and everything is working. This one went more smoothly than previous upgrades.

4. ewestby

ewestby Member

Just upgraded to build 4560, and I noticed that afterward, when performing a "Get Info" on the application package in the Finder, it still lists itself as build 4128, created and modified March 7.

Did my upgrade not work, or can others confirm that Parallels simply forgot to update the application info?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  5. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

When you open parallels and look in parallels desktop "about parallels desktop" you can see real build.

6. ksignorini

ksignorini Member

So, to get the DirectX 9 support, do I:

1. Download the new version of Parallels and install it overtop my current Parallels install...
    2. then install Parallels Tools in my Virtual machine overtop the original Parallels Tools install?

Is there anything else I need to do to get the DirectX 9 support (besides turning on the Use DirectX checkbox in the configuration)?

Has anyone tried it out yet? Any comments on compatibility?

Kent!

7. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

The best way is, download the new version. There is an unistaller in it. Do this first and then install new version. Normally parallels tools instal autmaticly.

And make backup off you previous version !!!!!! The map in your programm's and libary

8. ksignorini

ksignorini Member

Do you have to do anything with the virtual machine files you've already created?

9. Robster

Robster Hunter

Upgraded to 4560.

Parallels has crashed 3 times in 15 minutes...................

4128 did not crash once after the initial tools install!!!!!!

Robin

10. Robster

Robster Hunter

Make that 4 times in 25 minutes including a Mac OSX reboot thrown in for good measure.

XP VM will not complete start up, Parallels always exits before it is fully up and running!!!!!

I am restoring my System disk from a back up made just before I upgraded.

BUYERS BEWARE.

Robin

11. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

No, nothing will be changed in your files....there are in another map (winxp)

12. Marco Bramucci

Marco Bramucci Bit poster

Just installed. Works fine without any kind of problems.

13. slimemold

slimemold Hunter

Same here. So far, everything looks okay. For what I use it for (DevStudio and OpenGL work), it hasn't really changed. Hopefully, it'll be a bit stabler (Parallels will crash about oh, once every 2 weeks or so for unknown reasons).

14. airolson

airolson Junior Member

The install ran smoothly for me (including Parallels Tools). Now what's this about DX9?

15. slimemold

slimemold Hunter

Yeah. DX9 was not mentioned in the release notes. Where is everybody getting the idea that DX9 is supported?

16. ebernet

ebernet Product Expert

Unable to get Parallels to not crash

I installed the update to 4560. Now my VM is crashing while Windows is completing its startup. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Parallels. I have tried deleting its preferences, I have tried many things - Windows will boot, I log in, and while it is chugging on the disk a minute into it, Parallels will "Unexpectedly Quit". What gives?

17. bobbyt

bobbyt Hunter

Because someone posted it near the top of this thread... Wonder if he was trying to start a hoax???

18. slimemold

slimemold Hunter

Well, I'm glad they didn't spooge DX9 support into this release. I like incremental bug release fixes.

19. emental

emental Junior Member

Try removing "Windows Applications" folder from your VM's folder. It is most probably located in Home>Documents>Parallels>Your VM Name>Windows Applications

Also repairing disk permissions may help.

I remember Parallels devs asking to zip your Windows Applications folder and send it to them for investigations. The email address was reports@parallels.com.

20. bobbyt

bobbyt Hunter

I'm still waiting for them to spooge DX10... :rolleyes: