Bridged mode NIC causing BAD_ADDRESS entries in DHCP

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RustonM, Jun 2, 2014.

1. RustonM

RustonM Bit poster

Hey all,

I have two Parallels installs, one v8 and one v9, both running Windows 7 Pro that routinely cause "BAD_ADDRESS" entries in my DHCP server. If I switch to Shared Network, and delete the BAD_ADDRESS leases from DHCP, they do not return. When I switch back to Bridged - Airport (pretty sure it happens when bridging ethernet as well), most times I will get the BAD_ADDRESS entries until all remaining addresses in the scope are used. I have only one DHCP server on the network and have searched for rogues. I am unable to ping any of the addresses, either before or after the DHCP request goes out. I have run Wireshark and I see that Parallels is requesting an address, appears to receive the address long enough to send two LLMNR packets then there's nothing else until it grabs the next available and does the same. Has anyone else seen this issue? My forum search for "BAD_ADDRESS" did not yield any results.

Added note: when I try to renew the lease or switch from shared to bridged, Windows shows an IP conflict, though there is no other device using the address. It appears as though it's conflicting with itself. Really strange (and frustrating) stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven