Vista audio still choppy in 3.0

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Zenara25, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Zenara25

Zenara25 Member

Don't know why this thread was archived when it was started on 6/7/2007
    http://forums.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=12498&highlight=Vista+audio+choppy+3.0

But I wanted to respond and so I am.

I have a Macbook Core Duo (not the Core 2 Duo) with 2gb ram. I am using Vista Ultimate bootcamp 1.3 with parallels 4128.
    (1gb ram for Vista)

I've haven't been able to get Vista to play sounds or video without being extremely choppy (unplayable)(Works fine in bootcamp). I really would like this problem worked on since Netflix came out with 'Watch It Now' (only compatible on Windows and my Macbook won't output to my big screen TV in bootcamp)

So Parallels is my only option besides using my Avermedia Quickplay scan converter which really isn't all that great.

2. sidssp

sidssp Hunter

I have experienced the same problem and have asked for solution many times but so far Parallels support has not responsed. I can only assume that this problem is unfixable at this time.

Audio works great in XP though. Maybe you can use that instead of Vista.

3. Zenara25

Zenara25 Member

Well I guess I will install XP (glad to know XP works ok) temporarily until Parallels gets this fixed for Vista.

4. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

I have the same problem. I'm also waiting for Parallels to have this fixed.

5. jmstacey

jmstacey Junior Member

I know this has been brought up many times in the forums, but it has still not been resolved. I have a 2.33GHz MBP and am experiencing the same choppy audio.

6. wjohna

wjohna Bit poster

I don't understand either. But not all audio is a problem. For example, files on my PC in Windows Media Player are choppy, but the audio when playing the EXACT SAME files via the Windows version of iTunes is perfect. Hopefully this might clue the Parallels people into what's behind this issue that has been a problem for months now?

7. Zenara25

Zenara25 Member

Just upgraded to Parallels 4560. Still the same old audio problems in Vista. At least the ACPI driver issue I was having is now fixed though.

8. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

We are aware of this issue with Vista and working on the fix. Stay tuned.

9. shadowreader

shadowreader Junior Member

vista audio choppy

Yahoo Music Unlimited player plays fine if streaming but bad choppiness if playing a local wma file.

10. Constable_Odo1

Constable_Odo1 Member

Same problem in Parallels 3.0 and Vista Ultimate with sound on my MacBook Pro C2D 2.33. I thought I had read that v3.0 was supposed to fix compatability of the Vista sound drivers or whatever the problem was supposed to be. It's still the same choppy audio. Not worse, not better.:confused:

I've had it. I'm dumping the Vista VM and that's that. I may try to do a reinstall at sometime in the future, but until at least one person here says that the sound has been fixed, Vista will never again see the light of day on my MacBook Pro. Windows XP Pro runs fine and that is suitable enough for me. Vista was only an experiment for me and as far as I'm concerned the experiment failed.:mad:

Vista is turning out to be a problem with a fair number of Windows Users. They're getting their Vista upgraded by going back to Windows XP. Amusing, but sad for people that paid out so much cash. Mac user or no, I wanted Vista to work and for the most part it did except for the audio problem.

11. Zenara25

Zenara25 Member

Installed 5120 and 5144 still no change.

12. probichaux

probichaux Bit poster

I'm having the same problem with 5160, but I'm using XP SP2, not Vista. Audio input from USB devices is so choppy that it's unusable.

13. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello all,

Please try allocating your usb microphone or headphones or whatever you use as audio device in Mac (Mac -> System Preferences -> Sound). Then use it as sound device in VM (Devices in Parallels Desktop menu bar).

Best regards,
    Xenos

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  14. Styve

Styve Bit poster

Tried Developer solution, no fix

I am using Parallels 4.0. I installed Windows 7 using the "windows vista" profile. My audio is choppy no matter what I do. I tried setting my audio device in Mac -> system preferences -> sound, and then setting it in Parallels, and my audio is still choppy. Thanks!!

~Bryan