IP Configuration

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by raleedy, Jul 13, 2007.

1. raleedy

raleedy Member

Parallels 2.5, Build 3214, can't seem to make internet connection work both under OS X and under Win XP. What is proper configuration? Options for network adapter seem to be: Default adapter, Airport wireless adapter, Ethernet adapter, shared networking or host only networking.
    Seems like I should be able to sort this out or find the answer, but I can't.
    Thanks.

2. kat

kat Product Expert

How is your Mac hooked up to the internet?

3. raleedy

raleedy Member

Wireless to DSL access point. It used to work properly -- now I can have to exit Parallels in order to use the Mac's OS. When I start the Parallels VM or "cnnect" the Parallels I get an OS X warning: "192.168.0.101 in use by 00:8a:5a:34:41:04, DHCP Server 192.168.0.1"
    Thanks for your interest in this problem.

4. kat

kat Product Expert

When you have your vm slected but not running look under edit (3 rd one over from the apple top left), I want you to check which security option to go between XP and OSX and the web you need to be medium or medium high depending on the access you would like.

I have 3.0 so it may be a little different in that one, then 2.5 not sure.

Next thing is to check your network connections in your VM. (I am also wireless.)

It should read

local area connection
    connected, firewalled
    parallels network adapt

Tell me if this is how your xp is set up.

kat

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  5. kat

kat Product Expert

6. raleedy

raleedy Member

Thanks for this response. Unfortunately, nothing I'm looking at corresponds to your directions. From the "Edit" menu I get to edit the virtual machine, but there is no security option available -- just a list of resources and their respective descriptions. Also, nothing is listed as a "local area connection." The only remotely similar thing is the resource called "Network Adapter", and the choices there are "Default Adapter", "Ethernet Adapter" and "Airport/Wireless Adapter".