1. leduyhiepx

leduyhiepx Bit poster

Dear all!
    Please help me. I'm using Parallels Desktop 9 build 9.0.24229 and i have installed kali linux 1.0.7 x86 32 bit iso is ok. But i install Parallels Tools not work. Kali linux Black Screen alter install Parallels Tools. How to fix it ? thanks! ( MBP 15' Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB Mid 2010)

2. kevindelong

kevindelong Bit poster

I am having the same issue with Kali 1.0.7 as it uses Kernel 3.14. I posted the issue here http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...Tools-9-0-24229-and-Kali-1-0-7&highlight=Kali

Let me know if you find a solution otherwise I am staying with Kali 1.0.6 for a bit. If you did a apt-get distro update, I believe you can edit GRUB to use the older (supported) Kernel 3.12 and get your OS up and running, but a fresh install will not install 3.12... only 3.14.. sigh

3. harkants

harkants Bit poster

You can uninstall parallel tools.
    in the parallels app in os x, find the prl-tools-lin.iso - mount it - copy the contents to a folder in a usb drive.
    start the virtual machine. log into recovery image. connect the usb drive to the mac - choose to connect it to the virtual machine - mount the usb drive manually - start the install script - chose to remove the tools.

reboot - everything will work though without the tools.