No Improvement for 10.9.4

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by GC_YVR, Jun 30, 2014.

1. GC_YVR

GC_YVR Member

FYI 10.9.4 update doesn't fix the "black screen" problem.

However shutdown speed seems to have improved though.

For those reading this: Upgrade and go under Help -> Report a problem and Select Parallel Tools in the "Specify the problem type:" to file a bug report!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi GC_YVR,

Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac has released a latest build 9.0.24237

In which the list of issues were resolved as mentioned in http://kb.parallels.com/117225

Updating your Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac to latest build will help you in resolving the issue.

Please refer to http://kb.parallels.com/111603 for information on updating to latest build of Parallels Desktop.

3. GC_YVR

GC_YVR Member

To clarify Abdul's comment:

It is a 362MB update.
    1. Shutdown your MacOSX VM
    2. Update //s (via Parallel Desktops -> Check Updates)
    3. Restart your VM and use Desktop Sharing to login. The black screen bug is dependent on //Tools, so you need update that.
    4. Run //s Tools Update on the VM lower right hand corner (the icon would be colored blue). (Only click once or there will be multiple instance of Parallel's Installation Agent running).
    5. Reboot //s as instructed.

4. DevonExpat

DevonExpat Bit poster

It all worked for me! Let's hope we don't end up going through this particular hoop again!!

5. GC_YVR

GC_YVR Member

I am afraid Parallels is beholden to Apple.. every time Apple changes the drivers, Parallels will have to update the Parallel tools.

6. Hi, I've tried everything but it won't update parallels tools, anyone know how to do this manually with an OSX 10.9.4 guest OS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

7. ConstantLearner

ConstantLearner Bit poster

Have you reached the point where, after installing Parallels Tools you get the prompt indicating 'Parallels Tools updated successfully' with 2 options 'Restart' or 'Postpone'. What I noticed is that every time I manually chose Restart, the restart occurred but then that did not help and the Parallels Tools was not updated/installed successfully. When I waited for the 2 minutes after which it automatically restarts, does the Parallels Tools install go through correctly.
    I am using Mac OS X 10.9.4 and Parallels Tools 9.0.24237. Hope that helps !