Games in Parallel?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by umairjaanu, May 5, 2006.

1. umairjaanu

umairjaanu Bit poster

Hi,

I am not sure if this topic has been covered before in this thread, but Can i install some of my basic games on WIndows using Parallel?

I'm talking about those EA Madden Football, etc...

Thanks in advance

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

It should all be possible.

3. Drewmangroup

Drewmangroup Member

As long as the emulated graphics card is supported by the game. I have installed Starcraft.

4. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Exactly, lot of games that do not need 3D acceleration will work fine in Parallels. Some 3D games in software mode works too (Quake I and II works perfectly).

5. David Lau

David Lau Bit poster

Well, I tried Zuma and Luxor (almost unplayable). You won't want to play them in Parallel. GemShop is okay but still not very good. Card games or Sukodo games should play fine. I think any games with heavy use of mouse is unplayable in Parallel due to the not so good mouse driver.

6. mcornes

mcornes Junior Member

I bet that was a fun day at the office, in interests of product testing. I can hear it now "You know boss, we've got to be paid to play games today as it's what our users need, boss."

7. Paul Linden

Paul Linden Member

Civ II works great. Civ II is a free download at www.abandonia.com.

Civ III didn't work because Parallels seems to barf when you need to use a copy protected CDROM as a "key".

My eldest daughter loves Toontown but it doesn't work either - something to do with 3D acceleration required. Toontown is Windows only, and I'd love to be able to get rid of any Windows PC in my house, but because of this, I'm stuck (unless I do Boot Camp - I'm not ready to risk that yet until my wife gets her MacBook).