Integrating an existing Win7 OS into Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SvenK95, Jul 16, 2014.

1. SvenK95

SvenK95 Bit poster

Hello Community!

This is my first time asking something here. Im sorry if my english is not that good. Im from Germany and its not my native language.

My Question is: Is it possible to integrate an existing Windows 7 OS running on an physical PC into Parallels Desktop running on an iMac?

Im working in a small Computer company and i got a customer that asks if there is a possibility to do so. I know how to integrate an existing OS into an VMware Machine (P2P/V-Adaption & uninstalling all Drivers before integrating the OS) but i dont know if something like this is also possible in Parallels Desktop.

I hope u guys can help me.

Greetings

2. mavidal

mavidal Product Expert

Sven:

Using parallels transporter, you can move an existing physical computer to a virtual machine in parallels. So your answer is yes.

3. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello SvenK95,

Yes, it is possible to migrate an existing Windows PC to Parallels Virtual Machine.

Please follow the instruction as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/115007 and this should help you to migrate Windows PC to Parallels Desktop VM