1. directore

directore Junior Member

upgraded to 4560, and all the hell broke loose. Tons of problems with monitor support. XP generally stinks extremely badly as far as monitor support is concerned but couple it with parallels to have an unparalleled nightmare to put up with. Sort of works now but PARALLELS crash now all the time after a few minutes running with this:

Jul 19 11:29:17 iMac authexec: executing /Applications/Parallels/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Resources/pvsso
    2007-07-19 11:33:03.601 Parallels[587] *** -[NSCFString count]: selector not recognized [self = 0x1ce21930]
    2007-07-19 11:33:03.601 Parallels[587] *** Uncaught exception: <NSInvalidArgumentException> *** -[NSCFString count]: selector not recognized [self = 0x1ce21930]
    Jul 19 11:33:05 iMac crashdump[608]: Parallels crashed
    QFSFileEngine::eek:pen: No file name specified

This STINKS to high heaven. PLEASE do something.

2. fbronner

fbronner Pro

Did you reboot the MAC after installing the upgrade?

3. directore

directore Junior Member

3 times already as I badly need to get that XP s..t running.

4. fbronner

fbronner Pro

Try disabling the the mac applications available in Windows. What is your monitor set-up, and what is your MAC hardware setup.

5. directore

directore Junior Member

I did disable Mac apps. No change, console message as above. I'm using external monitor set up as main, worked fine so far, iMac 20", latest OSX. Unable to boot in Boot Camp (Hal.dll thing) which I understand is a consequence of my being unable to shut down XP cleanly in Parallels.

What to do?

6. directore

directore Junior Member

Again Parallel people, not catching exceptions (see below) is not nice. Suggestions pls.

2007-07-19 11:33:03.601 Parallels[587] *** Uncaught exception: <NSInvalidArgumentException> *** -[NSCFString count]: selector not recognized [self = 0x1ce21930]
    Jul 19 11:33:05 iMac crashdump[608]: Parallels crashed

7. directore

directore Junior Member

Thanks for great help Parallels, went back to the old version (thanks to all those torrent sites out there) and things are hunky-dory again.

8. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

us happy users have avoided boot camp because it is in beta still

apple does not support windows on it either

Hugh W