No Aero in Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pogi, Jul 19, 2007.

1. pogi

pogi Member

I own Parallels (2 and 3). I have a Santa Rosa MacBook Pro, with Vista Ultimate installed via BootCamp.

I installed the latest Parallels but I find it is slow when using Vista + Bootcamp (yes I had it setup correctly and had the latest Parallels tools, etc). For some reason disk access is too slow for me so I decided to uninstall Parallels tools and Parallels.

Now when I boot via BootCamp into Vista, I cannot get Aero to work. I uninstalled the nVidia drivers and reinstalled it (along with the rest of the 1.3 bootcamp) and Aero and DirectX still do not work.

Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks.

2. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Unfortunately, Aero is not working inside Parallels.

3. Erich

Erich Member

I don't think that was the question. The Parallels install seems to have messed up pogi's Boot Camp drivers (at least that's the suspicion). pogi, I had a similar problem with VMWare Fusion. I reinstalled the Intel video drivers, re-ran the Windows Experience Index tool, and rebooted. Aero is working now. You might give that a shot.

4. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Oops. I read his message in a weird way. :)

Yes, we know about this problem and trying to fix it. All fine on ATI cards, but some unusual things are happen with nVidia.

You should reinstall nVidia drivers and delete video card from device manager (Standard VGA stucks there). Then Vista should find nVidia card. Next you should measure Performance Index and aero should work correctly.

5. pogi

pogi Member

Ahh, sweet. Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I just reformatted it.. lol.. oh well!

You guys should create a Wiki of problems people are having and appropriate fixes/workarounds. It would help out with small problems like mine that people cant easily find using a text search.

.. just an idea! I'm sure marketing wont like it(gives parallels a bad rap if people have "problems") but put it under "Support" or something..

... or maybe I should make one!? :)