Photoshop CS2 Activation

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Squonk, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Squonk

Squonk Bit poster

I'm the proud new owner of a MacBook Pro and have spent a fair proportion of today getting things up and running how I want them. I've been using Parallels for Mac since I got my first Mac, an Intel Mini early last year. However until now I've not used Boot Camp alongside Parallels.

I've set up Boot Camp with XP Pro, Parallels 3.0 then using the Boot Camp partition : all went pretty smoothly. I had to activate Windows once from 'either side' and then it was happy.

Photoshop CS2 is a different matter however. Every time I switch from Boot Camp to Parallels or back to Boot Camp again PS CS2 asks to be activated again. So far I've gone along with the requests and it hasn't complained about too many activations - but I'm concerned and thought I would ask for advice here before I boot back into Boot Camp again.

Now, the Photoshop license does permit me to use two installations of the software which can be on different machines as long as they're not used at the same time. I'm certainly complying with the requirements of the license from that point of view but I'm assuming that sooner or later (and most likely sooner) it's going to complain.

Anyone else out there using PS CS2 on Boot Camp & Parallels who might have some advice on this issue?

I'm going to stick to Parallels for now, but I know that when I come to some heavy processing to do in Photoshop I'm going to be wanting to use that Boot Camp.

2. jbislander

jbislander Bit poster

Similar Issue

For me CS2 constantly wants me to reactivate it. It keeps thinking something has changed in my configuration even though nothing has. Did you ever find a fix for this?

3. Platinum Samples

Platinum Samples Member

I spoke with Adobe and they told me I could repair my authorizations as many times as I like.. it's not a problem.

Rail

4. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

is CS 2 on the Mac or Windows?

I run it native on the Mac

Hugh W

5. jbislander

jbislander Bit poster

it's CS2 running in XP. I found a solution. There is a patch for the Adobe License Manager that fixes the problem.

6. anandvtk

anandvtk Bit poster

What is the link for the adobe license manager patch update ?

Looked on adobe's site and all I can seem to find is an update to the Adobe license manager security. Any ideas to what the url is ?

7. jbislander

jbislander Bit poster

It's not on their web site. You have to call tech support, lie and tell them you are running on a new raid and that you're having activation problems. They will then email you the patch. If you say you are using Parallels they will tell you that they do not suppost Parallels so you out of luck and they note it in your file. I managed to find the patch on one of the torrent boards. Go to mininova.org or any other torrent site and search for "alm update". The patch cleared up all of my problems.

8. gegervision

gegervision Hunter

I had the exact same issue when using a real XP Pro computer. it's not an issue with Parallels. Call Adobe they'll give you a patch. I've not had issues since installing the patch. It's an authentication issue with CS2 that has been fixed by CS3.

9. jbislander

jbislander Bit poster

It's not an issue with Parallels itself but Parallels does trigger the issue. The issue has to do with RAID configured hard drives. Adobe does not want to suppost it's products installed within Parallels for some reason so they pulled the patch from their site. What pisses me off it they no the patch fixes the problem for people running parallels but they will not give it to you if you tell them that's your situation. They just want you to have to constantly reactivate CS2. I was having to reactivate 5-7 times per day on each of 3 computers. Myself and my staff were sick of it. I have several legal copies and this is how adobe treats me. It's not like the patch helps me steal a copy!

10. Platinum Samples

Platinum Samples Member

I don't get what the problem is.. if I switch between Parallels and Boot Camp.. I just let CS2 reauthorize over the internet... it takes a single click and it's done... Adobe have told me (as I posted before) I can do this indefinitely.

Rail

11. gegervision

gegervision Hunter

Trust me it is not Parallels. Call Adobe and they'll send you a link to download the patch. On my normal Windows XP Pro machine I was getting this issue everday for two week after a reinstall of the OS. It was annoying. The patch fixed it in minutes. Just let them know your CS2 won't stop requesting you to Authorize.

Don't belabor this one guys. IT'S NOT A PARALLELS ISSUE. I ASSURE YOU!!

JUST CALL ADOBE.