Internet Security?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by driver49, Jul 23, 2007.

1. driver49

driver49 Member

What are Parallels users using for Internet Security in their WinXP environment?

I gather Parallels comes with something called "Kaspersky Internet Security" -- has anybody tried that, does that foot the bill?

I would prefer to do a minimum of web surfing and no e-mail at all in my WinXP environment (if I can avoid it), but it's inevitable that some is going to happen, like when I just updated the program I just installed.

So, what what are you all using?

--PS

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

Kaspersky is fast and works well. Better then norton and mcafee

3. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

I use my hardware router as a firewall.

I use AVG from Grisoft as an antivirus program. It is free for non-commercial use.

4. Erich

Erich Member

Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition. It stays out of the way and doesn't bog down your system with useless utilities like the consumer editions.

5. driver49

driver49 Member

Kaspersky, Then ...

I think I'll try that, since it came bundled with Parallels.

I've used AVG on one of my other machines, it's OK too.

I was a loyal NortonAV (etc) user for a long time, but lately I'm feeling about the same way about Norton/Symantec that I feel about MS/Windows. So.... last millennium.

What about Internet Security for the Mac itself? I know it's more secure, less prone to viruses, etc but.. still, does anybody use a third-party security program for e-mail and browsing? I mean, if I start using Firefox (or perish the thought, Internet Explorer for Mac, which I might), so I want to think about some protection?

--PS

6. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

I am using Intego VirusBarrier X4 on the Mac side. I believe they also make an internet security product. They are expensive but highly rated in the reviews I have read.