Microsoft WMP11/MTV Urge Please Help!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Humbick, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Humbick

Humbick Bit poster

Hi guys,

Bought and been using parallels since 2.0 now. I am pretty much liking it but have run into a pretty big issue:

I use Urge subscription for my music on my MP3 player and on the go (especially useful since I only have 80GB on my Macbook, so I don't need to clutter it with music when I can just stream anything I like from my subscription plan). I had no issues with any of it until Paralells 3.0 came out, which I bought since I didnt assume there would be any new issues.

Needless to say, it doesnt work. The issue is: when I log in, its fine, but if I try to play a track, it says "A data access error has occured and you have been signed out. Please sign in again. There may be an issue with your WMP installation. Please try the link below. >>> LINK: Windows Security Component Upgrade, with the "upgrade" button greyed out and I can not use it.

Its extremely frustrating, this is one of the main reasons I bought parallels. I have tried re-installing WMP11 twice. I have upgraded to Build 4560 of parallels. I have tried several internet connections, and have tried 3 different login names (2 of mine, one of a friends) and get the same result regardless.

I have googled and searched this forum for the issue and have not found anything even close to a similar problem or solution. I cant be the only one using Urge on Parallels, can I?

Has anybody had a similar issue or knows what my problem is? Does anybody out there use Urge on Parallels 3.0+, at least to confirm that it can be done, just so I know that there must be some way I can get it, and dont feel like I spent $80 for something I didnt really need? Any help would be really, really appreciated.

Otherwise, I think Parallels team has done a fantastic job, I especially like aving the specific Win. icons on my taskbar and seem as mac program (though havent had much use yet). The upgrades have been great, keep up the great work!

Thanks! Any help would be truly appreciated!!

2. Humbick

Humbick Bit poster

Nobody uses Urge/Wmp11 on Parallels at all? Please I would like to hear if it at least works for you?