PD9 upgrade to PD10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Alan.Huang, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Alan.Huang

Alan.Huang Bit poster

Hi,

I just buy PD9 at 10th Jul, before that I have no idea on if there will be new version.
    In your website, it shows only who buy PD9 after 1st Aug can upgrade for free..
    Is there any solution for the user who 'just buy 1.5 month or any of recently purchase' can have reasonable price to upgrade? am not asking free upgrade but I will wait PD10 if I know this news...

Thanks.

2. Eugene@Parallels

Eugene@Parallels Banned

Hi,

One is eligible for no-charge upgrade only if purchased and activated a copy of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac from the Parallels Online Store or an authorized reseller on or after August 1, 2014 through October 15, 2014.

For more information, please visit:

http://www.parallels.com/techguarantee2014/

As your copy of Parallels Desktop 9 was purchased and activated prior to this date, unfortunately, you are not eligible for free-of-charge upgrade and would need to purchase upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac:

http://www.parallels.com/upgradepd10/

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

3. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

So to do my work I have to upgrade again, twice in one month?!?!?

Eugene, I am a bit ticked off about the August 1 date. I upgraded from 7 to 9 on July 24th 2014 specifically because I am testing Yosemite and v7 does not work. Great, V9 fixed that for a moment, now V9 does not work in Yosemite but V10 does. So to do my work I have to upgrade again, twice in one month?!?!? Can I speak to someone about this? It just does not seem fair. Thx!

4. Alan.Huang

Alan.Huang Bit poster

Yes, My PD9 can't work in Yosemite as well... as previous speaking in this post, I just buy PD9 no more than 1.5 month...
    Or is there any way I can return PD9 to get PD10 since this version isn't work for my Mac...

5. edward_k

edward_k Bit poster

The upgrade policy needs to be reviewed - I believe quite a few people have already complained in the past but it falls on deaf ears. Seeing as Parallels was aware that their new v10 was being released, they should have at least factored in people purchasing v9 within the last three months. I purchased a personal copy in January and I am also not happy with the upgrade price, pricing should be tiered based on version upgrading from in my opinion. My copy of v9 is eight months old and already obsolete unless I won't upgrade to Yosemite.

Oracle VirtualBox has been supporting Yosemite for a while now and which I have been running while waiting for Parallels to release an update to make it work on 10.10 only to receive an email saying that I can upgrade for $49.99; Yes, Parallels was faster than VirtualBox but speed is irrelevant when the product actually crashed the OS, VirtualBox is slow and steady which is important when you want things to just run.

6. Timothy_M

Timothy_M Bit poster

I am also very made. I ordered my copy of version nine on july 14 2014. I will make sure I post this online how Parallels treats their customers. This is not right.

7. Philippe Desrosiers

Philippe Desrosiers Bit poster

8. Echo5Mike

Echo5Mike Bit poster

Also, just purchased PD9 mid-July. Very annoying. This is the second time this has happened to me. First time with PD6, made me switch to VirtualBox. Tried to give PD another go and happened again.

9. Eugene@Parallels

Eugene@Parallels Banned

Hello,

The link works fine for me. Please try to use another web-browser.