Parallels 10: How can I turn off the Status Bar?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by 126807, Aug 23, 2014.

1. 126807

126807 Bit poster

Having updated to P10 Mac Desktop, I have been looking for a way to turn off the Status Bar, as was possible with P9, to save window space. However, not only have the developers unfortunately decided to place the status bar now at the top of the open window but there also appears to be no way or option in P10 to turn the darn thing off at all! Am I missing something obvious here or is this an overlooked bug that needs addressing?
    Thanks for any info,
    David

2. Nicholas_G

Nicholas_G Junior Member

I agree +1

3. neilc1

neilc1 Bit poster

Also agree +1

And where is the shut down option that was in the lower left corner? Now you have to go to the pull down menu to shut down.

4. UmangP

UmangP Bit poster

Also agree +1

5. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

+1

The worst things to do in productivity software are (1) to muck with UI for no advantage and (2) to remove options. Just like the new multiple dock icon config, this worsens rather than improves UX and does not meet the expected Mac OS X app aesthetic. I'm looking forward to checking out the new VMware Fusion 7.

6. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hi David, Nicholas_G,
    Could you please provide us a screenshot of the status bar which you are referring to so that we could check it for you.

7. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hi Neilc1, UmangP,
    In Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, we do not have the shutdown, suspend options at the bottom left corner of the Virtual Machine window.
    We will take this as a feature request and share this with our development team.

8. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hi DoniK,
    It is a default behaviour of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac and hence it is not possible to remove the icons from your Mac Dock.
    However, we would share your feedback with our development team.