Parallels 10, Mavericks 10.9.4 - switching betwen apps in full screen mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by costabas, Aug 25, 2014.

1. costabas

costabas Member

Hello:

I upgraded to Parallels 10 and Mavericks 10.9.4 from 9 and Mountain Lion 10.8.5. I am using two monitors, the laptop monitor and the apple thunderbolt display.

After the upgrade I noticed a difference of behavior when I switch between apps using the mac CMD+TAB keys. I am not using the coherence mode and I run the VM in full screen mode.

Before the upgrade, if I switched to the VM, both screens were changed to the windows VM desktops. If I switched to a mac app both screens changed to the OSX desktops. That is what I am used to and I like.

After the upgrade, when I switch to the VM, paralles switches only the VM screen that contains the window that was last active. I need to press another CMD+TAB to move to the right screen, which brings me to another quirky thing, when I press CMD+TAB now there are two icons associated with the Parallels VM (one with a monitor and one with the windows flag). Before it was only one. I have Use All Displays in Full Screen selected otherwise, parallels uses only screen.

There is one more annoying thing, the so called Parallels Desktop Control Center. If that window is visible, and I press CMD+TAB to move to the Windows VM, that window gets the focus instead of the full screen and I have to click on the little VM screenshot image to navigate to the VM. Basically, I have to minimize it or close the control center to avoid navigating to it.

How can I revert to the previous behavior I am used to in Mountain Lion and Parallels 9?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  2. costabas

costabas Member