Scrolling lag - Parallels 10

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by CeeBeee, Aug 20, 2014.

1. CeeBeee

CeeBeee Bit poster

Hi there - I am experiencing a large amount of lag in Office in Parallels 10 when scrolling. Not a problem when grabbing the scroll bars directly, but using two-finger scrolling is very laggy, close to 1 second between the action and the movement on the screen. The lag seems inconsistent as well - the first time I try to scroll I may have to try 2-3 times before it starts working, then the lag is consistently close to 1 second. Excel is particularly bad - two finger scrolling is laggy and the motion is very jerky.

I'm using a 2012 MBP retina, 8GB ram.

Any help would be appreciated.

C

2. CeeBeee

CeeBeee Bit poster

Just an update - there is NO lag with horizontal scrolling, but a lot of lag with vertical scrolling (using multitouch - 2-finger scrolling)

3. Deflator

Deflator Bit poster

I face even worse lag issues with the new release 10 of PD. Scrolling, moving and resizing windows, opening menus, selecting menu entries etc. all show a very slow and sluggish behavior. All in all it seems that OS X guest graphics performance has decreased substantially.

4. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

5. Deflator

Deflator Bit poster

6. Deflator

Deflator Bit poster

I already did. At the moment I am using version 10.0.1 (27695) of PD 10. The issues are still present.

7. WadeG

WadeG Junior Member

Same problem here. Feels especially bad with Outlook 2013 scrolling through emails and previews. It helped a little to take off smooth scrolling Parallels 10 hardware settings and then, in Windows 8 mouse setting, change the number of vertical lines to 4 or 5 running 2013 rMBP 16gb RAM/750 nvidia/
    Smooth scrolling works perfect for me in Parallels 9/Windows 7/Outlook 2010/2009 MBP/8GB RAM.

8. Mike_Nash

Mike_Nash Bit poster

I am having the same problem. It seems to be across all applications - I've using Outlook and Visual Studio, both with the same laggy behaviour. I updated from Parallels 9 to Parallels 10 expressly for the advertised improved performance on Yosemite. I spent most of my day scrolling through pages of code, so this "update" is having a major effect on my productivity.
    Any news on when we may get a fix for this?