Scrolling Problems in Parallels

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jeverett, Oct 1, 2013.

1. jeverett

jeverett Bit poster

When I am running programs, I run into a problem with scrolling. I notice the issue mostly in Microsoft word, but it appears to be happening to a smaller degree in other applications. The problem is that when I scroll, the scrolling which occurs is delayed, and when I change directions the scrolling doesn't change directions but continues in the last direction I scrolled. The only way to prevent it from scrolling in the wrong direction is to completely remove my finger(s) from my mouse/trackpad (I have a mac book pro and a magic mouse which the problem occurs on). I am also using parallels 9 (the problem didn't occur with parallels 8). What would cause this problem and what can I do to solve the problem?

2. BrunoSBK

BrunoSBK Bit poster

I've got the same problem. When I use Sound Forge (PC version) with Parallels Desktop 9, it's very difficult to zoom. When I used Parallels Desktop 6 I had not the problem.

3. PAULMa

PAULMa Bit poster

I too have the same problem. It is most evident while scrolling within Lotus Notes.

4. PAULMa

PAULMa Bit poster

I just upgraded to Revision 935944 - no change. Scrolling is choppy in some / most applications and almost nonexistent in Lotus Notes. I have both a Logitech mouse and an Apple track pad - both experience the same problem.

5. JanisB

JanisB Bit poster

Same problem here with Windows 8, Word 2013 and Parallels 9. Please fix this!

6. WadeG

WadeG Junior Member

Same problem here but I don't think Parallels has a solution.

7. WadeG

WadeG Junior Member

Same problem here. Feels especially bad with Outlook 2013 scrolling through emails and previews. It helped a little to take off smooth scrolling Parallels 10 hardware settings and then, in Windows 8 mouse setting, change the number of vertical lines to 4 or 5 running 2013 rMBP 16gb RAM/750 nvidia/
    Smooth scrolling works perfect for me in Parallels 9/Windows 7/Outlook 2010/2009 MBP/8GB RAM.

8. BrunoSBK

BrunoSBK Bit poster