Java Problems with Parallels 3.0

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Krakerman, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Krakerman

Krakerman Junior Member

I Have installed the latest update to Parallels 3.0 and installed Java's latest version in Windows XP Home and when I goto open the Java Control Panel I don't see anything the window looks like my desktop wallpaper and some times like my Windows XP Control Panel background. Any clues why??:confused:

2. jcbeckman

jcbeckman Junior Member

Same here. Java program windows open, but never "fill in" inside them. The programs aren't unresponsive though, I can send them away normally(click the X in the corner). This is with Parallels 3 build 4560, Windows XP SP2, Java 1.6 ( update 1 and 2). Have the problem both on my MacBook Pro Core Duo 17" (2 GB memory) and my MacPro 3.0 Quad processor (3 GB memory).

3. dolchan

dolchan Bit poster

I am not sure if this is an answer, but try to disable DirectX in Parallels preference. I had a similar problem with Maple Software Java client and disabling DirectX solved the problem.

4. jcbeckman

jcbeckman Junior Member

You're right, it's the DirectX support. Turned it off and the java programs are running correctly. Thanks!

5. bnz

bnz Member

i also know this problem. i always fix it by resizing the parallels windows. after that, the invisible gui becomes visible.