Parallels 10 on Mac OS X 10.10 DP6 - All Windows Guest VMs Slow

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Markcub, Aug 21, 2014.

1. marat_t

marat_t Pro

OS X will not allow to unload it because it is 'in use'. Do not try to remove this > you will unable to start your Mac. Our Development Team is aware of the issue and is working on this.

2. EmanuelH

EmanuelH Bit poster

Updated to parallells v.10 yesterday from v.8.
    Impossible to work...
    Really really looking for a fix a s a p.

Mbp i5 16GB ram, Parallells version 10.0.1 (27695) running Windows 8. (Worked really good in parallells v8.. doh)
    have tried change settings according to kb adviced here on forum. no change...

/Emanuel

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. ThomasB_muc

ThomasB_muc Bit poster

Same here, rMBP 13", 8 GB RAM, OS X 10.9.4, Win 7, Parallels 10.0.1

Windows is almost impossible to use. Any way to downgrade to get back to speed? I bought it as performance was supposed to be much better as well as battery life. Really frustrated by this "investment"!

4. AshotP

AshotP Junior Member

hope this is the only issue, waiting on solving it:
    49 233595 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 233595 iMac12,2 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform

5. HeliosG

HeliosG Bit poster

Same as the rest of you. DT9 worked great. Upgrade to DT10 for the speed. Now I can't do anything in windows 7 because of all the lag and delays. Running Yosemite beta 2 on Quad i7 iMac.

6. AshotP

AshotP Junior Member

it has been 2 weeks and problem had not been solved. how about you guys take Xcode 6 and write something that worthy 50 or 100 USD? and truly works as fast as your marketing saying that v10 is faster than v9. that would beg great!!!!!

7. muenzpraeger

muenzpraeger Bit poster

After fighting since a week with this problem I found a "solution" to the slow windows VMs on P10 (at least for me).

What I'm doing:
    - Start OS X (10.10 B6 in my case)
    - Start Activitiy Monitor (to see how the CPU usage is, the slow VMs consume a full core permanantly)
    - Directly start the windows VM after logon

When I see that the CPU core is fully taken (and the VM is slow) I redo the above mentioned procedure. Maybe for two or three times. Right now the VM is nicely running and I've an overall CPU usage on the Mac side of 5%.

8. AshotP

AshotP Junior Member

issue not with CPU but with com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform

9. BrynJo

BrynJo Bit poster

Hi, I like others am experiencing a major slow down using PD10 (build 27695) on a MacBook Pro - 8gig ram - Win 7pro. No problems with PD9 - is there a way to revert back to PD9 without having to reinstall Win7 etc. (Note I have run trace_intr - no excessive interrupt / cpu load)

Thanks

Bryn

10. muenzpraeger

muenzpraeger Bit poster

Depends on the view...

The VM spikes a full core as seen in Activity monitor.

11. qtzar

qtzar Junior Member

Yosemite DP7 is now available. Lets see what happens....

12. qtzar

qtzar Junior Member

Yosemite DP7 is showing the same behavior. CPU on a single core is pegging out and the Vm is running extremely slow.

13. muenzpraeger

muenzpraeger Bit poster

Thanks for info, Declan.

14. qtzar

qtzar Junior Member

Collected system data for this slowness issue on Yosemite DP7

Problem ID : 49636346

15. AshotP

AshotP Junior Member

Parallels, are you going to fix it.. it has been already few weeks

16. jlm72

jlm72 Bit poster

Just updated to Yosemite build 14A343F, still experiencing the same issues.

Case ID: 49636964

17. MarkLe

MarkLe Junior Member

I uninstalled Parallels 10 and install 9 again. VM's (Win7) were fine.

18. KorkyPlunger

KorkyPlunger Hunter

I also have the 10.0.0 version and when I use the "check for update" link it tells me I have the latest version. However, I just downloaded a trial version from the parallels web site and it is version 10.0.1.

Perhaps there's something wrong with their update check, or maybe they're staging a slow and cautious rollout.

19. Markcub

Markcub Member

My issue had vanished, but it has returned with the upgrade to Mac OS X 10.10 DP 7.

I have submitted a problem report with id 49669266.

When I run the trace_intr tool I can see that it is com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform that is causing the issue.

I have been with you since Parallels Desktop 6, and upgraded all the way. This is causing a me a lot of pain (I am having to use a less powerful machine to run my VMs on with an older version of Parallels Desktop to get my work done).

If you require any testers of a fix, under NDA of course, I'd be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Mark (OP!)

20. beta_danny.byrd

beta_danny.byrd Bit poster

Reported as well on the date that 10 was released. Fusion 7 and Virtual Box work.

Mark,
    Like you I reported this on the day of the release. Have sent numerous scans and documents since and no word on a fix or any kind of work around. Like you this has been very difficult for me. I now have to use an older laptop and older Parallels just to get my work done. What really bothers me is I have had an acknowledgement that this is a problem and no ETA on a resolution. Like you I started using Parallels at 4.0 and have been with them since. If there is not some word about the problem by the end of the week, I will be headed back to VMWare. At least they are much more responsive when they have an issue.