Installing Parallels Tools Error - 3.0 in Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Fourbin, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Fourbin

Fourbin Bit poster

I am running a boot camp partition of Windows XP I installed in Parallels 3.0. However, when I try to install Parallels Tools from the Actions menu, I get the following error in Windows:

Error occurred when working with registry.
    The installation will be stopped.

RegDBQueryKey(SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce) failed!
    Error code: -2147024662
    Message text: More data available.

Any idea how to fix this? I would really like to be able to transfer files and use coherence.

Thanks!

2. jgarcia@tdg-i.com

jgarcia@tdg-i.com Member

have you tried a full shutdown and restart of the VM?

3. Fourbin

Fourbin Bit poster

Yes, a few times. Is there really no fix for this? We use Exchange for work and I'd really like to run Outlook 2007 in coherence since Entourage sucks.

Please help!

4. Fourbin

Fourbin Bit poster

Seriously is there a fix for this? It's been a week and Parallels Support has yet to get back to me. Does any of the support team even attempt to answer questions in the forum?

5. jgarcia@tdg-i.com

jgarcia@tdg-i.com Member

christ dude, calm down. have you tried uninstalling the tools from your VM?

6. Fourbin

Fourbin Bit poster

I've tried installing directly in bootcamp from the .iso and I receive the must be installed in virtual machine. When I run the virtual machine and try to install the tools I get the error in my original post.

As far as telling me to calm down, I don't think its irrational for me to be a little annoyed considering I purchased the software and need it asap for work purposes.

Thanks.

7. sidssp

sidssp Hunter

Did you upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0? If you did, please take a look at the following thread and read the work around posted by member akp at the bottom of page 1. I know the symptom of your problem is a little different but his solution might work for you as well.

Good luck.

http://forum.parallels.com/thread12508.html