Build 4560 STILL HAS THE SAME DirectX INCOMPATIBILITY problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Stevamundo, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Well I suggest that you wait for a new Parallels build in a month or so, and hope like hell that Parallels fixes their DirectX issues.

2. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Hello Andrew,

I'm still waiting for my question above to be answered. Remember, communicating with your customers is the key.

Thank you.

3. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

I'm STILL waiting for this answer. Can somebody at least PM me PLEASE?

4. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Stevamundo,

Parallels window size depends on the Guest OS screen resolution, it isn't stored anywhere on the Mac side. If its not getting saved please check the Guest OS settings.
    But if you are also experiencing problems with Parallels failing to remember it window position, please try setting the file access permissions on ".parallels_settings" file in your home folder (run "chmod 666 ~/.parallels_settings" in Terminal).

5. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

I don't understand this.

6. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

I said that I don't understand this. I need further help PLEASE!

7. cyclone

cyclone Bit poster

Stevamundo, open a Terminal window and then type (or cut and paste) the following:

chmod 666 ~/.parallels_settings

That's all.

8. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

I did that and that command did absolutely nothing.

9. zumwalt

zumwalt Member

Actully if you did it, it then opened up the permissions on the file to what they should be. The fact it returned no results is a sign it did what it was supposed to do.

Now use Parallels and see if it keeps your size the way you want it.

10. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

No, it didn't work.

This just doesn't work on my iMac for some reason.

11. Stan O

Stan O Parallels Team

Stevamundo, please, see your PMs list. Thank you.
    We sincerely apologize for the forum messages shortage since our efforts are now largely put to developing new features, tuning the existing ones and to support issues submitted to us.
    Thank you for your patience and trust.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  12. weirdo505

weirdo505 Bit poster

I recently got parallels and I've installed windows xp on my parallels and I've tried running a wide variety of games on my system and none of them have worked, they crash continuously or some of the aspects of the games such as water effects or filling the entire screen simply don't work. I've read all the responses on this board and none of them have helped me, is it just parallels or is something wrong with my system

13. weirdo505

weirdo505 Bit poster

my specs are mac book pro 2.4 ghz Intel core 2 duo/ 2 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM/ Mac OS X 10.4.10/ 185 GB HDD/ Windows XP professional build 2600

14. Stan O

Stan O Parallels Team

Hi, did you check the DirectX support checkbox in Configuration Editor of your virtual machine?

15. weirdo505

weirdo505 Bit poster

yeah i did but nothing i run works, and all the games ive tried are on the list of supported applications

16. weirdo505

weirdo505 Bit poster

for instance warcraft 3 wont even open it just freezes upon starting the program

17. Stan O

Stan O Parallels Team

Ok, could you try unchecking the DirectX checkbox in VM Configuration Editor and change the WarCraft settings, so the game runs in OpenGL mode?

18. weirdo505

weirdo505 Bit poster

it actually didnt even matter, i realized that warcraft 3 can be installed on a mac regularly so it all worked out although many other games still dont run in windows