Parallels 10 compatibility with windows XP question...

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by sryan, Sep 10, 2014.

1. sryan

sryan Bit poster

Hi,
    I have been running Parallels 5 to access some windows xp functionality that I need.
    Recently I upgraded to OS X 10.9.4 and could no longer run Parallels 5. If I upgrade to
    Parallels 10 will I be able to read my Parallels 5 Windows XP .pvm file and run Windows
    XP?

Thanks for any help,
    Steve

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Steve,

Yes! You can run the same Windows Virtual Machine in Parallels Desktop 10 which you were using in version 5.
    Please refer to http://kb.parallels.com/122662 for information on Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac System requirements.

3. sryan

sryan Bit poster

Thanks Abdul!

I purchased the upgrade version, downloaded and installed it but I'm having trouble activating it...

The activation window is asking for the previous key. I entere both the version 5 and my precious version 3
    activation key and it doesn't enable the activate button... Did i need to re-purchase the full version?

Thanks for any help,
    Steve

4. sryan

sryan Bit poster

I'm assuming that no answer means that I need to purchase the full version. This is the third time I've had to pay for this
    program and I'm really getting tired of doing so. Now I have to re-purchase the full version as if I'm some kind of a bad customer.

Any Parallels person know how I can get a refund for the upgrade I purchased based on Abdul's response so I can re-purchase
    the non-upgrade version?

5. sryan

sryan Bit poster

Bump.

I'm assuming that no answer means that I need to purchase the full version. This is the third time I've had to pay for this
    program and I'm really getting tired of doing so. Now I have to re-purchase the full version as if I'm some kind of a bad customer.

Any Parallels person know how I can get a refund for the upgrade I purchased based on Abdul's response so I can re-purchase
    the non-upgrade version?