Parallels 3.0 Build 4560 Networking issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MacCanuck, Jul 25, 2007.

1. MacCanuck

MacCanuck Bit poster

Networking has always been rather sporadic in Parallels. Sometimes it works in shared sometimes not. It seemed that I had to switch back and forth to get something that would work, but this morning on launch I have no connectivity. XP indicates that the network is connected, but there is no IP allocated.

I have tried reinstalling Parallel Tools and restarting but to no avail.

What can I do here?

Mark

2. cgervais

cgervais Bit poster

Mark,

I've been having similar issues and I don't know how to resolve them. There's been some massive change in 3.0 from 2.5.x that has caused me tremendous headaches on my corporate LAN. When I can get networking to work, I can't see our corporate domain yet I have an IP address in Windows XP.

You can always try opening up the command shell in Windows (Start->Run: cmd.exe) and trying:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Chris

3. ohTina

ohTina Member

Had the same problem and was unable to resolve. Had to keep switching from shared to host networking and back again. I hope tech support reads this and makes a recommendation.

4. JBBeaubeaux

JBBeaubeaux Junior Member

I am having the exact same problem.

I was able to fix it for about 3 hours by uninstalling Parallels Tools on the PC side and restarting Windows and Parallels.

I was then able to log into the domain and surf the net and use Outlook on my corporate MS 2003 Server.

BUT.................. when I restarted the PC again, I got the same "can't log onto the domain stuff as before and the previous fix no longer works!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!