4560: automatic resolution switching still broken...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by bmeissner, Jul 30, 2007.

1. bmeissner

bmeissner Member

After I've upgraded my MacBook Pro 17" to PD3 in the beginning of July, I noticed the failure of switching screen resolutions automatically, when switching between the windowed and the fullscreen view:

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=14129

Today I upgraded my MacPro (using an Apple 23" display) to PD3, including the 4560 upgrade. Guess what: the resolution switching fails here, too. Everytime I switch from windowed (1280 x 1024) to full screen (1920 x 1200) mode, I have to set the screen resolution manually. This is *annoying*.

Isn't there a fix or anything to make that work *automatically*, as it should?

Bernd

2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Do you have coherence enabled? (and Parallels Tools?)

This feature seems to require Coherence, whether you use it or not.

3. bmeissner

bmeissner Member

Hi Purplish,

sure, I have (and use) them both. I didn't even know that it's possible to disable Coherence. But your question solved it for me anyway: while searching for the checkbox that would disable (enable) Coherence, I found another one that still is without any useful function for me.

I DIS(!)abled the checkbox at Preferences > Appearance > Fullscreen: switch OS X resolution (not sure about the terminology here, using a german version) and... bingo, resolution switching works.

So what is this option for? Why should I switch OSX resolutions (on a fixed resolution monitor like my 23" display) when going to Windows fullscreen mode?

So, thanks for asking me about Coherence ;-)

Bernd