Parallels 10 on Mac OS X 10.10 DP6 - All Windows Guest VMs Slow

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Markcub, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Jolyon_Direnko-Smith

Jolyon_Direnko-Smith Bit poster

Just to add another data point, I experienced this problem for the first time when I upgraded to the GM release of Yosemite from the previous DP. Downloading and re-installing the Yosemite GM has resolved the problem for me. Only time will tell whether it remains resolved or re-occurs.

2. GUISLAIN

GUISLAIN Bit poster

Do you format and reinstall Yosemite GM or reinstall over your existant your Yosemite GM updated ?

3. JustMark

JustMark Bit poster

Based upon these latest comments, I decided to re-install a clean copy of Yosemite GM (previous version was an upgrade.)

My new clean install is still getting over 200k interrupts on ASPIPlatform.

Code:
        VECTOR  CPU#0   CPU#1   CPU#2   CPU#3   CPU#4   CPU#5   CPU#6   CPU#7   TOTAL   DEVNAME                 DRVNAME
        42      0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0       IPIC                           
        46      0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0       SMC                     com.apple.driver.AppleSMC
        48      0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0       RTC                     com.apple.driver.AppleRTC
        49      245413  0       0       0       0       0       0       0       245413  iMac12,2                com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform
        4b      0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0       HPET                    com.apple.driver.AppleHPET
        4c      0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0       HPET                    com.apple.driver.AppleHPET

4. GUISLAIN

GUISLAIN Bit poster

So same problem ...

Hurry Up !!!!

5. Hellerbass

Hellerbass Junior Member

Hello Parallels-Team!

Just installed Yosemite GM 2.0 ... now I have the same problems as all the others .. Virtual Windows XP is so super slooooooow ....
    Strange that with GM 1.0 ( and all the Betas before ) I had absolute no problems with speed .....

What happened now ? .... why with GM 2.0 speed becomes worse?

Best regards
    Gregor

6. Mitch_Garner

Mitch_Garner Bit poster

I'm having the same VM performance issues on my Mid-2011 iMac with 2 Windows 7 VM's after installing Yosemite Public Beta 5 (which I'm assuming is very similar to GM 2.0). No performance issues with prior Yosemite betas and Parallels 10.

7. mchernis

mchernis Bit poster

Has anyone heard ANY comment from the Parallels team?? While this may be a problem caused by Yosemite, it has rendered Parallels entirely unusable for Windows clients. Even some kind of acknowledgement that they are aware of the problem and are working with Apple on a solution would be nice.

8. Hellerbass

Hellerbass Junior Member

Please Parallels ..... a few simple questions ... answers here would bridge the time until getting a solution:

1- Are you aware of this problem (your product is not usable!) and knowing what the problem is?
    2- Is only 1 second-string person working on a solution or your whole team?
    3- Are you in contact with Apple about this? ... Apple´s fault - your fault?
    4- Do you have an ETA for a solution?

Thank you

9. Robert_Desjardins

Robert_Desjardins Bit poster

I am also experiencing this issue. The strangest thing is that I have two separate installs - - one on a 2011 iMac and another on a 2011 MacBook Pro. My MacBook pro install runs seamlessly - perfect. The iMac install is horribly, horribly, slow. To the point of being completely unusable. I've literally tried everything. I've uninstalled parallels 10 and reinstalled it, I've created a new VM, nothing gets rid of the problem.

I hope their is a solution soon.

10. Hellerbass

Hellerbass Junior Member

Just made an interesting observation :

If you take your mouse cursor and wag/wipe over your virtual machine (without clicking) it speeds up the total process ... to the same speed as Parallels is known for.

Is this interesting? .... can someone confirm?

11. mchernis

mchernis Bit poster

I've noticed something similar on my iMac. Hard to tell how much faster it is running but the spinning wheel does seem to stutter less. Could just be a display refresh thing.

12. Hellerbass

Hellerbass Junior Member

Hi!

Glad to tell you that with new Yosemite GM 3.0 version problem is solved :)

13. furrati

furrati Bit poster

I have the same issue on my mid 2011 iMac 27 inch. All my virtual machines runs very very slow. CPU utilization is very high caused by conflict with (com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform).
    I was hoping that Yosemite GM will solve the problem. Still happening with GM 3.0. I want to confirm that this issue is specific to my iMac. It is not happening on my mid 2012 MacBook pro.

14. Martin_Berube

Martin_Berube Bit poster

I experience the same problem (Windows 8.1 guest really slow to start program) but I seems to have no interrupt storm and no noticable CPU increase in Activity monitor. It looks like it just wait for something for a minute or 2 (I don't know what) and then, start the program. Really annoying. How can I investigate that kind of problem ?

Thanks

15. Mitch_Garner

Mitch_Garner Bit poster

Similar to Hellerbass' report...Installation of Yosemite Public Beta 6 has resolved the performance issues I experienced with Beta 5.

16. Hellerbass

Hellerbass Junior Member

Arrghhh .... I had to make a reboot of my computer this morning .... and suddenly the same issue with Parallels as before ... slow ... slower .. slowest :mad:
    Now I installed the public Beta 6 as Mitch mentioned before .... but no difference ...

Very strange behavior .... but at least you can speed up the virtual Windows while wagging the cursor over the window .... :p

I hope Parallels will fix this soon after Yosemite is official the day after tomorrow :rolleyes:

17. Traveloguy

Traveloguy Bit poster

Just be aware that Parallels (and other VM manufacturers) can't speed up the graphical side of OS X as Apple don't release their code to allow hardware acceleration to work. This means an Apple guest OS will always be slower than a Windows or Linux Guest OS. This is not unique to Parallels sadly.

18. Hellerbass

Hellerbass Junior Member

@Aimeryd

I cannot believe you´re posting this in the Parallels forum .... it would better fit in a "TV cooking" forum :confused:

19. asdffdas

asdffdas Bit poster

Windows unusable because of Yosemite + Parallels 10 + AppleACPIPlatform BUG make it run super slow.
    When will this be fixed?

20. Steve_Harper

Steve_Harper Junior Member

Same here. I have the GM of Yosemite and Parallels 10. Parallels is running DOG SLOW! I think I have the latest version of Parallels 10 with 10.0.2xxxxxxxxxx. BTW I'm running Windows XP.