Guest OS does not respond

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Macsystem, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Macsystem

Macsystem Bit poster

I have just installed Parallells on a freshly made Boot Camp partition with XP SP2.

Starting up with Windows on Boot Camp works great, but when I try to start Windows with Parallells I can't move anything - neither the mouse or use the keyboard.
    It starts as it should but then I can't do anything. In Windows, that is - I still can use the Mac as normal.

What can be wrong?

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

Did you install "parallels tools"?

3. Macsystem

Macsystem Bit poster

I am trying, but nothing happens after I start the installation. The menu have the option "Cancel installation" though.

It's like the guest OS have freezed, but after a while the screensaver goes on, so something works...

More ideas?

4. zenweb

zenweb Junior Member

Sound like you keyboard/mouse isn't working. If using externals stick to the MBP keyboard.

5. Macsystem

Macsystem Bit poster

It's on a MacBook, and I've tried both the MB-keyboard and trackpad as well as external devices.

It doesn't feel like it's the keyboard. It works if I boot Windows in Bootcamp. It must be something that Parallells doesn't like with my install.

I have reinstalled the Guest OS on Bootcamp two times now, with a complete erase inbetween. I have installed antispy and antivirus software. It's a Swedish XP.

:-?