need help uninstalling

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by apologeticus, Aug 2, 2007.

1. apologeticus

apologeticus Bit poster

I used the trial version of Parallels for a while but the trial has since expired and I'd like to uninstall. I could have sworn this program came with an uninstaller but I can't find it now. I'm guessing Appzapping this thing is not the way to go. Can anyone offer me some instruction? TIA

2. apologeticus

apologeticus Bit poster

UPDATE:
    I found the dmg and the uninstaller, but let's just say it did a less than stellar job of removing all the files that should have been removed. For instance, "Winxp.hdd" and "XP.mem" are still there, and are taking up almost 4gb alone. Undoubtedly, there are more Parallels leftovers I haven't discovered yet. Anyone know of a good, safe way of getting rid of all this?

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

The uninstaller does not remove your virtual machines.. its not meant to.. in case you want them. As with windows apps, uninstallers only uninstall what they install.. The parallels installer did not install your virtual machines, hence they dont get uninstalled. You must remove these manually.
    Other than that, the instalelr has always done a good job for me.