3D Games & Apps Compatibility Website for PDM

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Shidayu, Jun 10, 2007.

1. AlanH

AlanH Pro

Sorry, but I found submitting a review too difficult. I tried quite hard to submit a Civ3 review, but I've no idea how to create the text structure you require.

2. Shidayu

Shidayu Member

Per the front page of the site, I don't really mind. The more information, the better. I will take care of putting things in the right format. If you would rather not deal with the formatting at all, just clear out the editing box and type what you like.

3. AlanH

AlanH Pro

[Updated] OK, I get it now. I've added a review of Civ3.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  4. VintageGeek

VintageGeek Member

Wiki Site to Hard to USe

Site is too complicated to use. VGhttp://forum.parallels.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

5. VintageGeek

VintageGeek Member

Missile Command by Atari for Windows 95/98

Missile Command for Windows 95/98 runs really nice under WindowsXP2 in Parallels 3. I run it on a MacBook Core Duo. Give Windows 786 MB of Memory. This was nice as I've been trying to get this to run in all the previous versions. If you have this nice old game be sure to click DirectX compabtibility in the Parallels Options for Windows. Also when installing the game make sure you decline the option to install directx when Missile Command asks you to install it. When the game starts your screen goes through a few iterations of flashes by it comes around in a few seconds. VG:)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  6. Shidayu

Shidayu Member

7. Shidayu

Shidayu Member

Site redesign in the works

I have already stated that I am working on fixing the issues with the current site to make it easier-to-use. I have just posted my first update on my progress.

http://shidayu.com/compat/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42

In brief, the new site will be focused on games and game tools like Teamspeak, will have a new and much easier-to-remember name, and will be built from the ground up to be as usable as possible. In its early stages, it is already turning out to be way easier to get what you need and get on with your life than the current wiki. And yes, it will have its own domain name so people don't have to route through my personal webspace.

Please continue to visit the wiki and submit your reviews at http://shidayu.com/compat/ as the information that is posted there will be integrated into the new site to be launched soon.

Thanks for everyone who has dropped by already!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  8. Jisi

Jisi Member

9. Shidayu

Shidayu Member

Second status report on site relaunch

http://shidayu.com/compat/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58

The relaunch is going well, and is almost finished. It will be available within 2-3 weeks maximum, but perhaps sooner if all goes off without a hitch. The new site will look great, and will be ridiculously easy to use when compared with the current site.

Thanks all for your patience!

10. Shidayu

Shidayu Member

11. tmedia1

tmedia1 Bit poster

Can anyone tell me if Parallels 3.0 makes PowerPoint animation better/smoother? Is 3.0 stable? I've heard some people say 3.0 has broken some things that worked in 2.5. Any info would be appreciated.

12. InterHmai

InterHmai Bit poster

Quake Wars

Tried the current Beta of QuakeWars Enemy Territory in the Parallels beta 5060 build. Crashed complaining about:

X..GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two not found
    X..GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette not found
    X..GL_EXT_texture3D not found
    X..GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test not found

ERROR: The current video card / driver combination does not support the necessary features: GL_EXT_texture3D

13. robsoft

robsoft Junior Member

Can a mod unsticky this - the wiki has been taken down now. :-(

14. jauhari

jauhari Bit poster

Perfect Idea ;)