Eject key on keyboard no longer works

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Fatboy, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Fatboy

Fatboy Member

Hi everyone.

I have Parallels Desktop Version 10.1.0 (28600), Windows 7, and OS X Yosemite 10.10 installed on my Late 2012 iMac.

With Parallels Desktop, I've always been able to use the Eject key on my Apple wired keyboard, to eject a cd/dvd when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop.

For the past few days or so, the Eject key no longer ejects the cd/dvd. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and also have they been able to find a fix to get the Eject functionality back for the Eject key?

Thanks in advance.

2. martmeister

martmeister Member

I also had this issue. You are not alone. And this was a Apple wireless keyboard.

I had to uncheck the DVD drive from Parallels Devices menu for the Windows VM (this is while you are in Windows, top of the screen, same menu that list all your USB drives etc.) so it would be assigned back to OSX and only then could I eject it. I didn't find another solution.

3. Fatboy

Fatboy Member

Thanks very much for the help Martin.
    I was hoping to find a reason or fix for this issue. The only thing I have changed in the last week or so was I updated my Mac to Yosemite. So perhaps that is the cause (software bug)

What Mac OS are you using Martin?

4. martmeister

martmeister Member

I am on Yosemite. Never had the issue before with Mavericks and PD9.

5. Fatboy

Fatboy Member

I don't think I had the issue with PD10 and Mavericks. Seems to point to a bug somewhere. Thanks again.

6. mmika

mmika Pro

I suggest to press EJECT key when VM window in foreground.
    Could you check this?

7. Fatboy

Fatboy Member

Thanks mmika.

So to confirm you mean, I need to click on the VM window that shows my Windows 7 desktop?

If you do, then I have already tried this.

I can eject the disk if I go into My Computer and then right click on the icon which is for my cd/dvd drive and choose eject from the menu. But this isn't ideal.

8. Fatboy

Fatboy Member

I'm still having this issue.

I have the latest version of Yosemite (10.10.1) and also the latest version of Parallels Desktop 10.

I was wondering if anyone has found a fix for this issue please?