IconGroupingEnabled no longer works with ver. 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jhr, Oct 16, 2014.

1. jhr

jhr Junior Member

I've always used <IconGroupingEnabled>0</IconGroupingEnabled> setting for Windows VM. I frequently run multiple instances of editors and other tools and I'd like to switch between instances using alt-tab just like with native Windows. After upgrading to version 10 of Parallels this setting no longer works and I only see one instance of each program. More annoyingly when I start new instance, like an editor, the old instance pops up and I need to dig the program I just started using mouse.

I already reported this bug a week ago but didn't get any response, not even automatically generated one. Does anyone know any workaround? This makes me mad as hell.

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

3. jhr

jhr Junior Member

Unfortunately no change. Actually I already once lost mouse and keyboard from the virtual machine with the new version. I have never experienced anything like that with previous versions. Hopefully it won't happen again.

4. jhr

jhr Junior Member

One more update, still no fix. It's still there, it's just not working. Problem related to new Dock perhaps?

Code:
    silver:~ strings /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/Parallels\ Service.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_disp_service | grep IconGroupingEnabled
    IconGroupingEnabled
    IconGroupingEnabled.patch_stamp
    .IconGroupingEnabled
    Warning in class 'CVmSharedApplications': tag 'IconGroupingEnabled' is absent
    signalIconGroupingEnabledChanged(bool,QString)
    signalIconGroupingEnabledChanged(bool)
    slotChangeIconGroupingEnabled(bool)