How about Yosemite and PD9? (since PD10 is broken anyway)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JoelRubio, Oct 28, 2014.

1. JoelRubio

JoelRubio Member

Tired of waiting for PD10 to be fixed. I don't necessarily need all the hoopla about PD10 taking advantage of some Yosemite's features (handoff, yadi-da, etc). PD10 appears broken with 10.10 anyway, from all the issues posted here. I just want Yosemite (need to pretest it for my Mac user base) while keeping my Win 8.1 VM running smoothly. So PD9 is just fine with me.

Anyone had luck running Yosemite and PD9?

Thanks,
    -Joel

2. JoelRubio

JoelRubio Member

Anyone? No one runs Yosemite w/ PD9 and working fine? Thanks.

3. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Working VERY well.

I have always purchased the newest version of PDT for Mac when it arrives but have learned the lesson of, "Don't be the first". They can Beta Test all day but until it hits the field and many users install with different configuration,...you never know what is going to happen. I don't treat my "work" computer as a Beta Test.

4. JoelRubio

JoelRubio Member

Thank you very much, LoveTheBerry. No PD10 then for awhile. Unbelievable how PD10 has got so much issues if you just do a quick browse of this forum. Kinda sad.

5. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

I had the same issue when PDT 8 was released. Apple introduced Lion (new OSX) and I upgraded the Parallels the next day. It was a true nightmare. Coherence never worked, crashes, Windows failed,.......... It seems that you must wait six months after release before you purchase the new versions of Parallels if you want it to go smoothly. Good luck. PDT9 and Yosemite work 100% OK.

6. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hi all,
    Parallels Desktop 9 with the latest build 9.0.24251 is compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
    Download the latest build of Parallels Desktop 9 from www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd9 and install Parallels Desktop 9.
    If you have issues with Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, please update your Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac to the latest build 28614 and check how it goes.
    Please let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to help you.